or Connect

Posts by davidlee388

@Steven, great news you've found the ss13 blazer awesome. There's no right or wrong way of wearing a particular piece of garment. Your way is the best way.....FOR YOU, the only person you need to please is yourself
Back from our annual Paris visit. I will post something regarding SS16 runway and some AW15 encounters in due course.In the meantime I must thank @Parker here for passing one of the grails of all grails my way. [[SPOILER]] YYPH AW07 Look 1 Fair Isle Knit Insert Blazer - ( HX-J17-102 ) - dry hand wool gabardine with laine wool knit insertsYYPH AW07 Look 8 Zipper Pants ( HX-P14-103 ) - dry hand wool gabardine.Y's x Dr Martens AW08 10 Eyelet Boots ( ME-E53-752 ) - in...
@loganobrien121 what is the piece like with the sleeves down ??
One of the most impressive runway presentations in years ( I stressed " runway " because stores will no doubt stock many silent, commercially viable pieces ). You can discard the " James Bond " section if you don't like the fitted silhouette ( I have to pass those coz they won't fit me ), pretty much everything else is typical YY. Refreshing too that we have a collection that's not defined by its badass pants ( be it retail or in 2nd hand market ) and the Master once...
Each our own but I'm wth Kiko on this one. We shared the same vantage point so the things he said are echoed too.
@Steven I believe you're about an inch taller but I'm much fatter than you? You should have no problem with size 2. Please see the description http://www.styleforum.net/t/280641/yohji-or-how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-the-looser-fit-yohji-yamamoto-thread/4920#post_6369325 On the runway this blazer was worn over a really big knit cardigan ( it ain't a shirt ) so it's big alright. The unlined blazer is so light it needs kind of stiff cotton lapels, shoulder panel...
Thanks, both blazer and pants are size 2. I don't know your shoulder width, I prefer to call being " coccooned " comfortably rather than drowned in a garment that's meant to fit loosely. Besides, many traditional Chinese costumes are cut that way. I'm not normally a fold-sleeve person but folding these feels right and more akin to the Chinese look.This very old school Yohji Look 36 set up will get more use than the Look 38 Missing Cat, that's for sure.
[[SPOILER]] YYPH SS15 Look 36 Paperclip Text Chinese Blazer - ( HU-J08-314 ) - 50/50 linen/tencel soft hand airy fabric in black.Probably the roomiest jakcet of the entire SS15 collection. Hugely oversized, comfort & flow optimised. 6 Chinese frog closures, Mandarin collar + 3 patch pockets. YYPH SS15 Look 36 Paperclip Text Low Crotch Suspender Cropped Pants - ( HU-P55-314 ) - same fabric, the long title explains the functionality and constructiion. Probably the widest,...
Thanks.It's stitched on, can be carefully removed to wear as a plain ( if that can be described as such ) blazer. It can even be restitched to the inside like one depicted by one of the Super Tokyo Twins on the runway. Look 39 even has a half dangling poster. Options, options...
[[SPOILER]] YYPH SS15 Look 38 Missing Cat Soiled Blazer - ( HU-J22-312 )YYPH SS15 Look 38 Soiled Cropped Pants - ( HU-P03-312 ) Both are size 2, off white with faint black stripes and ( hand painted? ) black patches, 100% linen with linen/cotton Missing Cat poster. The fabric is unique, wrinkly, slightly sticky and stretchy, lending a vintage feel. The oversized blazer/slim fit cropped pant silhouette is one that the Master uses more and more these days. The tongue in...