or Connect

Posts by Mute

HD LCDs are meant to be watched at much closer size to distance ratios than traditional non-HD TVs. For 8-9 feet viewing distances, you should be watching at least a 40" set.
On a 4/3 camera, the 11-22 is only a 22-44. Wide, but if you're a landscape or nature photographer, that's just barely giving you the type of perspective you're looking for.
I personally prefer vodka martinis but I agree with Nantucket. A martini, by default, should always be gin.
Unless you plan on looking at the print with a magnifying glass, I doubt you'll be able to see the difference if any.
You need to think into the future. Nikon and Canon's DSLR platforms have a long established track record across the entire photographic spectrum (amateurs to professionals). Their accessories and lenses will be around for a long time. The 4/3 format is brand new and there's no telling if it will have the legs for continued development in the future. That aside, it's not a bad format if you're willing to live with the 2x crop factor. If you shoot a lot of photos in the...
Ah...if only it were a 36 or 37, I'd be all over it.
For income property, this arrangement is not unusual and allows you to get into a property that you otherwise may not be able to without PMI. The other option would be to ask the seller if they would carry a portion of the loan. Often times they will and at better rates than any commercial lender.
Quote: Originally Posted by coachvu Hmm, yeah, I looked at B&H photo's website, and although 28-80 seems to be the starter lens for film cameras, 18-55 or other wider lenses seem to be the kit lenses for digital. What is this crop factor you mentioned? With digital, are you never able to fully achieve the widest view of your lens? On many digital SLRs the sensor gives a narrower field of view than a film SLR. On Nikon, their sensors have a...
I believe the standard kit lens is the new 18-135mm, which is just fine. You can also try to get it with the 18-70 or 18-55. Any of the three would make a great starter lens and give you plenty of quality shots. On a stardard zoom, I'd opt for something that is 17 or 18mm on the wide end because of the crop factor on DSLRs. You'll often find that even 28mm might not be as wide as you'd like.
Quote: Originally Posted by drizzt3117 I've eaten at most restaurants in the LA area (the majority of my job involves dinner meetings with clients at usually expensive restaurants) and while there are certainly some other good places around, I think Kitayama has the freshest and best quality fish (they are owned by a fishery) and since the majority of what I eat is specifically sashimi, I like them the most. I would agree that for cooked Japanese food,...