or Connect

Posts by Mute

Glad it worked out. That Barba shirt is fantastic!
Kent Wang has some line/cotton blend shirts that IMHO are ideal for what you have in mind. I had a chance to examine the cloth in person and I think it's a better choice than 100% linen.
This mirrors my own experience as well.
I had a chance to stop by also. The blue museum calf looked fantastic. Subtle and beautiful. I'd definitely get one.
I have one of his belts. It can go dress or casual, though I generally prefer my casual belts slightly less thick. Nevertheless, IMHO it's a very nice quality belt that will last a long time.
Very nice!
Your shoulders are close, so I'd take it to a good tailor for an opinion on whether he can make it work for you. If he can without too heavy a cost, it might be worth a try.
One of your best post ever. Bravo! I don't care too much for used shoes either. As to the OP's question, if I like it and I can afford it, I buy it. I'm generally fairly responsible in my spending with a few minor exceptions (some things you just have a passion for and your spending will often reveal what those are). I don't presume to speak for anyone else as to whether their spending is justifiable or even needs to be justified.
While a great tailor can certainly make the tux fit, you need a great deal of re-working. It will probably be more economically sound to start with a smaller size and see how well it fits. Might only need some minor adjustments.
Make a great warm weather sportcoat.