or Connect

Posts by Mute

Make a great warm weather sportcoat.
Go down to a 34.
Unless you're in the entertainment industry, that suit will NEVER be appropriate for a business setting. I suggest you get yourself a nice traditional navy or charcoal (not black) suit. As for that suit reflecting cutting edge thinking, that's just wishful thinking. During a job interview, the only thing a flashy outfit will show to a potential employer is that you are an inexperienced neophyte who has yet to develop sound judgement on how you properly present yourself...
If you like the Gatsby tux, you can always tuck those stupid flaps into the pockets.
Thanks Ian!
I agree with cptjeff regarding the sizing. I'm roughly the same size and weight and I find the 46s to be a better fit, unless, like you described, you like the fashion forward, just a bit too tight look.
Even as a Californian, I've found at most black tie events, that a majority of the attendees are in fact wearing some kind of waist covering. The exception seems to be when they choose a straight tie over a bow tie.
I find your lack of faith disturbing.
You're only going to wear one specific set of clothing when it rains? What if it rains several days in a row?
If you're going with the white shirt, throw in a little color. I'd go with the burgundy tie and get a ps with some colors that will complement the tie.