or Connect

Posts by Mute

If they're out of stock online your best bet is to try calling individual stores. I suggest the Madison Ave store in NY. the Chicago store and Beverly Hills as those are there largest store and most likely to carry more BL and PL items.
Without looking at the shoe in person it's hard to tell the make, but RL website shows the shoes to be made in Italy, so they're not C&Js. For black tie, spit shine these and you'll be fine. You'll have a shoe that you can still wear apart from black tie affairs. I don't have personal experience with this particular pair of shoes but I'll bet they're way the hell more comfortable than any patent leather rentals and certainly more versatile than any black patent leather...
Dude! Those overcoats are the bomb! And great prices too....oh to have one in 36R.
NVM
Elastic.
Steal them from a pimp?
I sized down by 1/2 on my 403s and they fit just fine. Go with the 1/2 size down recommendation unless you have some unusual fit issues.
If your GF's experience with black tie is truly as she suggests, she's hanging out with too damned many people who take their fashion cues from watching red carpet events on Entertainment Tonight. I have yet to attend any black tie event where your GF's styling cues are the norm. If you want to look as "trendy" and clueless as the rest of the hip crowd, be my guest. While proper black tie dress may not have the "in" look, it will never be out of place.
When I kick hippies, I prefer my combat boots to have steel toes and black seams.
No pick stitching. But that's just my opinion. To akatsuki, don't go without pockets on the jacket. Black tie isn't the place to mess with atypical affectations. Otherwise your ideas sound great.