or Connect

Posts by Mute

Samuelsohn makes a good suit even if it's not quite at Oxxford's level. Certainly nothing to complain about. If you like them, it's an excellent choice. However, If you still want to get an Oxxford suit but want a more contemporary look, check out their Radcliff line. No one will ever mistake those for sack suits.
It's MTM rather than bespoke, but still a high quality product. Yes, Oxxford tends toward the sack suit but recently they did create the Radcliff line which uses a more modern, slimmer cut and silhouette. I haven't kept up with them so I don't know if the Radcliff models are still being offered, but that's something to check for. Can't comment on Wingtip. No experience with them.
Oh if only these were in my size! Damn good price!
Would one of his suits make me a Nigerian prince?
Let us know who this recommended shirt maker is. The only shirtmaker here in L.A. that I feel can deliver to Freddy's level of workmanship or better is Anto, and their shirts cost a good deal more than Freddy's. We had it good price wise.
Damn! Ralph ripped off Archer.
If this was all that mattered, we'd all work as actuaries.
A Navy blazer would never go wrong in this situation but as you said, a touch boring. Maybe you can help your spouse find a nice sports coat instead. One that has a little life but not too garish and maybe pair it with a nice cotton/linen blend shirt.
Check out Cairo Tailor in San Marino. They're not cheap but they know what they're doing. I have all my tailoring work done by them.
If you want a chrono get the IWC. If you just want a simple dress watch, get a Reverso. Better yet, get both.