or Connect

Posts by Mute

These are valid insights and certainly needs to be addressed. However, movements like BLM makes it difficult to have any kind of meaningful conversation because they go to extreme of the other end and won't accept any middle ground. I've tried talking to some of the BLM supporters, some of whom are friends I've known a long time and it's like talking to a child who has his fingers in his ear going, lalalalalala, I can't hear you.
That's your opinion. I suggest the fundamental problem is of people sowing seeds of distrust of the police and their use of force because it's not used in the way they prefer. It's especially problematic when that expectation is unrealistic and not based on an educated perspective. I'll give you an example. How many times have you heard critics of police use of force ask why they didn't just shoot the suspects in the leg or something to that effect? These people also...
Even assuming those stats are accurate, they still fail to answer why shots were fired to begin with. You ever have someone unarmed beat the living daylights out of you and try to take your gun to kill you with it? I can name quite a few officers I've spoken to who have described exactly such events and on more than a single encounter. In fact it happens with far too much regularity. Most of the time they manage to resolve it without actually ever to fire them service...
You just proved my point. Given the total number of times criminals come in contact with law enforcement, these numbers are a mere blip on the radar. While the lives are not insignificant, the year to year delta themselves from a statistical standpoint are.
Do you even know what training the police have or do not have with regards to the escalation of force (or de-escalation)? I actually train people on the use of force including some police officers. Every department's policies and training are somewhat different, but your statement makes a great number of erroneous assumptions. 'Officer's life in danger" parameters have not broaden any, however, the circumstances that lead to that kind of situation have been much more...
Are you suggesting that there are people here claiming that the Rice shooting was not true and/or not tragic? Or do you want to continue assuming that anyone who doesn't buy the false narrative created by the Brown and Martin shooting to be racist, bigots with a personal agenda?
Actually there were eyewitness testimony that Martin approached Zimmerman along with Zimmerman's testimony that Martin attacked right at the start of their interaction with each other (though obviously his testimony can't be taken at face value). These pieces of evidence along with the 911 call tranascirpts lends credence to Zimmerman's claims. Believe what you will.
The problem is in most of these cases that is not what has happened but the media, politicians and those with an agenda keep portraying it that way. In most of these instances, there were legitimate reasons for contact between the police and each of these people and when the police try to detain and make an arrest, they physically resisted and fought. Once you go physical with a police officer, injury or death becomes a possibility. This is not to say having an...
Seriously. Someone who's shown, in past action, that they're ready and willing to physically harm others is "irrelevant." SMH.
Unfortunately, everything seems to be heading in this direction.