or Connect

Posts by lowbudgetsnob

I am over 60 with a stovepipe hip and waist section. I'm looking for premium jeans with minumum effects or no effects  -- fading, ageing, whiskers, etc --  that are not hip boxy and butt droopy  but wont push into the groin area or have short zippers .  My front rise is 10" and my back rise is 14".  Because of desired leg dimensions, my current top  choices are J Brand Kane , and AG Graduate.  Sevens seem to be too manipulated with effects and Hudsons are out becaiuse of...
My experience with two pair of Alden dress or dress/casual shoes makes me hesitant to buy another pair. Both pair were EUC, hardly worn, from Ebay. First, a pair of Welterweights ( cousin of the All Weather Walker) was a miserable clunker. Then, a pair of medallion cap toes, the famous 909, that are not bearable without heavy foam inserts. On the other side, a pair of Cape Cod Mocc Oxfords, H943/42/46 have been dreams . We hear alot on craftsmanship, leather...
That much value ?
A fine looking vintage Tudor is on the bay.  Seller wants $595.  It has a 2824-1 movement and a plastic crystal.  Seems high for an "industrial" movement and a cheap replacement crystal. 
Lately, Brooks Brothers has been showing some dress and some casual pants hemmed just below the ankle --- without a "break". Has the traditional half break or full break rule been relaxed ?   thanks
Which brands do you like the most, the least ?  Which ones launder best  with minimal shrinkage and  maximum shape retention ?  Which ones pucker at sleeve and collar ?  Which ones are the most colorfast ? Which ones fade ? Which ones have generous collars, sleeves  and plackets  ? Which ones have minimal, stingy collars, sleeves and plackets ?  Which ones are ones are cut  very trimly ?  Which ones are cut  like boxes ?   IMHO, Brooks Brothers Performance Polos are...
At long last I am able to fill a void in my minimal shoe base.  I'm looking for brown, tan, maple captoe  dress shoes.  The best my budget can do seems to come down to four choices :   1. Tricker's Belgrave  -- not the style leader, and must be ordered from the UK (US vendors have not adjusted prices for the more favorable exchange rate)   2. Cheaney Wardour ll or Cambridge or Cardiff -- might be the best in the group, but can't try them on before...
apparently, the blog does not exist
Oh, c'mon guys . Nobody knows ? really?  Where is the profound knowledge base of SF ?  Actually the answer came to me and I'll give y'all a hint . Ready ?...
What/who is the leather goods blog/website that touts Safir products and has pre-owned shoes for sale ?  thanks