or Connect

Posts by lysandar

I do my shirts without darts. Don't like the look of em.
I bear in mind a post, either by despos or a tailor, that the work of waist suppression is spread out over several seams running lengthwise along the torso. I believe that creating greater waist suppression requires cloth around each of these seams to be taken in, to retain overall balance of the suit and prevent "over-pulling" of the cloth toward any part of the torso - notwithstanding that some areas get more removed than others, depending on one's physique. In which...
Quick question. If there's rippling at the back of my pant leg (i.e. front drape is clean but rear isn't) - will adjusting the darts in any way help to resolve this?
  I must confess, I do not understand what you are trying to say. Canvassing and lining are separate entities altogether. I'm having a fresco jacket made that's fully canvassed but quarter lined.
A compromise between original and foofed works for me. Lower button stance and moving the patch pockets down cannot be anything but beneficial to the overall presentation. Personally, I like the attempt at a high gorge - but combined with a lowered buttoning point, I'm not sure what becomes of the lapel widths and how they will interplay with the look - and neither do I wish to find out via photoshop!   Perhaps a snapshot taken at a higher angle may bring more...
Looks to me as though your jacket shrank upwards - gorge, lapel, breastpocket, buttonstance, length all went north.
Fusible warping after 2 years of regular wear, wash and ironing?   I believe you meant "best fitting machine made shirts", btw. 
Might not the bump in the right shoulder line simply be a lack of accounting for the dropped right shoulder? Left shoulder is clean after all.
Surely you mean a shoe horn, unless there's a method to wearing shoes with shoe trees. Otherwise, lovely pickups!
Having bought, worn, washed and re-worn my initial 8 pairs, I must say that viccel is good value for money. I haven't had problems with stretching, them winter weights still wear good. Most of the darker shades (blue, red, green and there's a mustard colored one, can't recall the name) are easy to match. I have the same problem as lachyzee with the baby pink (as well as a baby blue) - less muted than what I thought it'd be.   My only other minor gripe is the...