or Connect

Posts by lysandar

Not yet, but only because I spent over an hour chatting with Virgil on various cloth-related topics, and had no time to peruse the shelves bolt by bolt. I'll probably make several more trips to draft out my want-list. During our chat it was mentioned that some items will be a good deal cheaper than buying direct from manufacturer (we were discussing Zegna cashmere I believe), but I'll need to do more recon to get a better sense.
 I visited Profilo today. It's as you described it - Beppe doesn't do English, but between my broken understanding of French, plenty of hand gestures, plus a good knowledge of terminology built from lurking StyFo, it's pretty easy to work things out. Plus I have the good fortune of fitting almost perfectly into a size 46, sans an inch of sleeve shortening and need for a slight tuck in the back. I also visited Lafayette Saltiel Drapier. It was incredible and my jaw...
^Please tell me you have an online store, or at least a retail presence in Paris. That would totally make my day.
The way I see it, there was a trainwreck gif posted somewhere in here for a reason.
No trainwrecks...? You must be joking.
Greg - Does the redness of the cotton solaro show up well under sunlight? Not to hit on cotton solaros, but I was under the impression that the wool version better represented the dual toned nature of it... Albeit as you pointed out, the heavy weight contradicts its raison d'etre. 
Has Profilo Italiano been discussed at any length in this thread? Certainly not French tailoring, but it is based in Paris so...    I saw a few posts by Dirnelli and Paul-lux, and a very (very!) short forum thread on engrandepompe, both of which give me a very mixed view (value for money shirting program, jacketing quality questionable). Does anyone have more experience and is willing to share?   PS If anyone knows whether English is a viable means of communicating in...
 RogerC - Do you have a shot of it in the wild? Maybe one of your WAYWTs? Curious to see how it's held up over 2 years of wear.
Thanks for the info. I was speculating that it might make for a good odd jacket, but you are right that Will's feedback should be taken into account.
Sounds contradictory, but a possibility in tropical climates with judicious levels of air-conditioning. Plus it's difficult to find lightweight worsteds with that level of depth and variegation...