or Connect

Posts by lysandar

Penhaligon's, though not my cup of tea.   EG, G&G, C&J, Church's - that oughta take up most of your shoe budget.   Trunk clothiers is worth a stop for the soft unpadded stuff.
Jesus, someone ban this guy already.
 Yes to this.
 Great stuff, I wish I had known about these places when I visited Rome last year. If you have any more recommendations for similar shops in Paris and/or Rome, I'd be grateful if you could share them. Also, did you ever get an answer to your queries regarding Gorina? I noticed a fair number of Gorina bolts in Lafayette Saltiel here in Paris, but have been unable to unearth further details on the status of the firm.
 Don't mean to poop on your stuff, but I'd have returned it and asked for a refund.
Came across some vintage suitings with "Lordson Selection" and "Blazon 108000" on the selvedge. Does anyone have more info on what mills/merchants these are from?   My best guesses are that the first is possibly a French textile, whilst the latter could be vintage Drapers.
 Not yet, but only because I spent over an hour chatting with Virgil on various cloth-related topics, and had no time to peruse the shelves bolt by bolt. I'll probably make several more trips to draft out my want-list. During our chat it was mentioned that some items will be a good deal cheaper than buying direct from manufacturer (we were discussing Zegna cashmere I believe), but I'll need to do more recon to get a better sense.
 I visited Profilo today. It's as you described it - Beppe doesn't do English, but between my broken understanding of French, plenty of hand gestures, plus a good knowledge of terminology built from lurking StyFo, it's pretty easy to work things out. Plus I have the good fortune of fitting almost perfectly into a size 46, sans an inch of sleeve shortening and need for a slight tuck in the back. I also visited Lafayette Saltiel Drapier. It was incredible and my jaw...
^Please tell me you have an online store, or at least a retail presence in Paris. That would totally make my day.
The way I see it, there was a trainwreck gif posted somewhere in here for a reason.