or Connect

Posts by Sir James

Quote: Originally Posted by SartorialGhostOfVTR Is bespoke worth it? Hmmm. If you're very demanding and have very specific expectations of pattern, fabric, cut, style etc or if you're a very unusual size, then bespoke is a great option. People who go over details of clothing with a fine tooth comb may need the type of hands-on experience offered by bespoke. To answer your question, I don't think that it's worth it for the majorty of people. Let's...
Although I can clearly see the advantages one may have by choosing bespoke over RTW, the comparison between bespoke and made to measure are not so evident. I would would even venture to say there are clear advantages to choosing MTM over bespoke.
5ft 11 and 210 pounds is not that big. Certainly not big enough to exclude one from wearing a certain line of clothing.
Congradulations on the suit. Looks like the start of a wonderful relationship as well. Can you provide any more information about the establishment, price, stock of fabric, house style. Are the suits bespoke or MTM with fittings and customized options?
Quote: Originally Posted by clintonf I've been reading this thread and watching it disappear up it's own desire for "who's right and who's wrong". However, reading this single post is EXACTLY what sums up this forum - Education. I cannot say that I agree with most of what's said on many sides. That is not important. What is important is that there is truth in what's said. People want to "present" their truth in different ways, but it's the fact...
Quote: Originally Posted by DWFII Not normally...not without wearing it or taking it apart or seeing it after it had been worn for some time. That said, since this discussion is about hand versus machine lasting...I have seen shoes touted as "wonderful" on this forum that I strongly suspected were either machine lasted or very poorly hand lasted. Whenever you see a brogued shoe where the toe perfs are encroaching on the inseam--almost under the...
Ben Silver carries the C&J Saville monk strap for $700.00. Are the handgrade C&J worth that much?
Quote: Originally Posted by DWFII I've got nothing against machines per se. I use sewing machines, skiving machines, splitting machines, etc.. The danger is that those people operating them...either directly or as managers, owners, etc....become as mindless as the machines themselves. And my real gripe is that people...some here, even...don't want to see the differences or the compromises that are embraced when machines are substituted for skill and...
I have not utilized the services of Cliff Roberts as of yet. I have been told that he does have access to better quality skins for a nominal price increase. Judging for the pictures posted however, it looks like all of the skins used by Mr. Roberts are better than those pictured in the Canali shoes.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. With that said, I share the opinion that has been stated that the Canali shoes are somewhat unattractive. The wing tip portion of the shoe appears to be too close to the front edge and out of proportion with the rest of the shoe. The leather on the Canali's appears to be substandard as well. Maybe you could improve upon the quality of materials but the styling of the shoe could use some work as well. For the money you will be spending,...