Posts by gong

i was looking forward to your post. i did some research into legacy's after you had mentioned your wives twin turbo one but i would prefer not to have to do an engine swap right away. if that was the case i was looking into the direction of a EG33 into an impreza chassis. my budget is peasant level and i would fear tracking a turbo Subaru (i daily a turbo Subaru right now.)i follow speed academy on youtube and they built a pretty skanky S2000 into a very capable track car...
i have played with the idea of getting an eg Honda hatchback and swapping in a k20 or k24, but i think id have more fun learning/driving rwd. i realize that limits its use however.my budget isn't huge so tracking a Porsche isn't a possiblity really. a s2000 is definitely an alluring option, tough finding an AP1 or any S2000 really. i know at least bushings, coilovers, and tires are going to set me back a bit so im trying to budget that in.
i want to get and build eventually a daily summer car with autocross/track capabilities. lightweight, rwd, and durable are my main criteria points here. im in new england so rust is a problem. was considering an E30 325i but they are unicorns at this point. suggestions? no miatas please.
looks like the '18 WRX is finally going to have optional recaros (and brembos) http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2018-subaru-wrx-and-wrx-sti-photos-and-info-news
i have a 05 WRX with falken snows and i concur. braking in snow/ice is never ideal, irregardless of your setup.
look into braum seats
are the shirts ever coming back?
For your consideration is a Falcon Garments jacket in the DR2 configuration. It is in black lamb with silver zippers and tabs. You can find my post in the thread when I received my jacket below: http://www.styleforum.net/t/507227/falcon-garments-official-affiliate-thread-mtm-mto-leather-jackets/990#post_8198105 I am selling simply because I do not wear the jacket. Since I have owned it its been "worn" maybe 3 times and the rest of the time has been stored (not on a...
Delete
N54/55 engines are very durable. quite a few examples of people pushing over 600whp on them.