or Connect

Posts by arottler

Hey Folks, I know this thread has been mute for a while, but I thought I would let all the people who mentioned that they were roughly my size and having similar problems know that I ended up buying through Thick As Thieves, and I couldn't be happier. I did all the measurements myself, got to customize every aspect of the suit, and it was made and delivered in less than a month. For anyone willing to spend just under 500, it's an excellently made, phenomenally...
Thanks for all the help everyone! Lots of great suggestions!   I've been thrifting a lot with no luck so far (as was expected), and since I live in Albuquerque I don't quite have immediate access to some of the more frequently mentioned names (Brooks Brothers, Nordstroms, etc..), but I'm going to suck it up and start looking at some boy's sections this week. I don't have a lot of shame in this regard, so I'll let everyone know what I find! Also, I had a friend with...
Thanks. Glad to know I'm not alone. Haha I finally decided to give my everyday attire a bump in class, and it's been all the hassle I expected. Slowly but surely though, I'm building a collecting of things that actually fit. Next up: some AE wingtips.
Thanks for the thoughts guys! add911: Great tip; I have a peacoat from topman that I bought while I was living in the UK a couple years ago and it fits great, so I'll check them out. Assuming the overseas shipping thing won't be a huge debacle.   Poindexter: Do you recall what brands you've had some luck with? Just so I know what to keep an eye out for. I've looked at thrifts and never had any luck, but I'll keep at it.   mjd: I'll check out BB boys suits for...
Although I've found that many men on this forum have a similar dilemma, mine has an added dimension that I can never seem to address. I'm 5'5", 125lbs, and have never owned, rented, or even tried on a suit that even approached fitting me well. I only recently found a shirt that fits (the Express 1MX extra-slim fit in a Small), which despite the dubious quality is the only shirt I've ever really been happy with the fit of.   As a point of reference, I was recently...