or Connect

Posts by kicksinstyle

This is one of the variations of mine, McNaughton. Have a kilt in this tartan that I wore to get married 19 years ago, I'm wearing it to another wedding this year but I had to get it let out a bit! I've thought about having a harrington made with this lining. I also have a scarf of this tartan that my gran bought me years ago that I wear all winter. I am Scottish so I think I can get away with it ;)
I agree on the loafers and slip on shoes in general.Disagree on the monkey boots, as long as they're not the cheap'n'cheerful variety.White socks only for the gym.Turnups on jeans - always. I never wear leather or suede jackets, and haven't owned a leather jacket (it was kinda Fonzie/John Travolta in Grease style) since the 70s. I appreciate them on other people though. I just think they look weird on me. Would maybe do a suede Levi's trucker jacket but I prefer to keep my...
They are sold through a shop here in San Francisco called Union Made, and through the Union Made website. I've never seen them in any other shops. Pretty sure they ship internationally. http://unionmadegoods.com/
I haven't picked up any of their sport shirts but I stocked up on their $79 made in usa oxfords while they were doing them, such a bargain. They only did them in white, blue, and blue university stripe I think. Now they have expanded their made in usa line but have bumped the prices almost double. I recently picked up a pair of Clark's desert boots in Horween leather. They were made overseas like all Clark's now but at least I know the leather came from the US and is good...
Ralph Lauren, Coach, Banana Republic, J Crew, Levi's, The Gap, Ben Sherman, Fred Perry, and probably every other brand make products specifically for outlets or 'value channels'. Very few outlets these days use the 'flush model' (where end-of-line items are collected from the stores and transported to the outlets) - the price point doesn't justify the cost of transportation. It's easier to just mark down everything to 75% off at the end of the season and clear it out. They...
It's the nicest-looking of the bunch (without trying anything on), and in reference to an earlier post about going with the original maker/country of origin of something, it IS a Mackintosh, so the authenticity is there. If money was no option, this is the one I would go for. As it is, I wouldn't get the wear out of this to justify the price.
I get what you're saying Mr Knightley but 'sad bastards' is a bit extreme - they are getting dressed up and having a good time with friends which is one of the best things to do in life. I haven't looked through all the pics and it's easy to look dated but I bet they looked better than 99% of the other revellers on Sauchiehall Street that Saturday!
Looks like the Barbour one is out of stock everywhere online - in the UK you might get lucky in a shop, they're thin on the ground here. I have a hard time with most Ben Sherman stuff these days - the price isn't justified by their offshore production. Quality is close to H&M or Zara but at usually triple the price (with the exception of their recent Duke Street Foundry line).Golden Bear here in California have a nice line in outerwear, including a version of a harrington....
As for trainers I have a few different pairs of different Adidas originals in varying colours/styles that I hang about in on weekends but would never wear 'out'... on summer days I will wear a pair of white Spring Court lo-cuts, they remind me of the plimsouls we used to wear for gym in high school and seem ivy/mod enough to go with most of what else I might be wearing in the summer (usually chinos and a short sleeve button down or a polo). They are French and claim to be...
That Barbour Sedgwick jacket looks pretty good... we've not had much rain this year in California but I might look for one of these on sale in preparation for the next rainy season.