or Connect

Posts by kicksinstyle

I get what you're saying Mr Knightley but 'sad bastards' is a bit extreme - they are getting dressed up and having a good time with friends which is one of the best things to do in life. I haven't looked through all the pics and it's easy to look dated but I bet they looked better than 99% of the other revellers on Sauchiehall Street that Saturday!
Looks like the Barbour one is out of stock everywhere online - in the UK you might get lucky in a shop, they're thin on the ground here. I have a hard time with most Ben Sherman stuff these days - the price isn't justified by their offshore production. Quality is close to H&M or Zara but at usually triple the price (with the exception of their recent Duke Street Foundry line).Golden Bear here in California have a nice line in outerwear, including a version of a harrington....
As for trainers I have a few different pairs of different Adidas originals in varying colours/styles that I hang about in on weekends but would never wear 'out'... on summer days I will wear a pair of white Spring Court lo-cuts, they remind me of the plimsouls we used to wear for gym in high school and seem ivy/mod enough to go with most of what else I might be wearing in the summer (usually chinos and a short sleeve button down or a polo). They are French and claim to be...
That Barbour Sedgwick jacket looks pretty good... we've not had much rain this year in California but I might look for one of these on sale in preparation for the next rainy season.
The Barbour's great on the bike (it has interior removable protective padding and is nice and warm even without the zip-in lining) and I was up in St Andrew's in January and I used it as my winter coat, worked a treat. I remember the discussion on the other board, not sure why I never chimed in. I remembered this clipping that was posted by designer Grahame Fowler of scooterists in Barbours... they have mod haircuts but are described in the text as 'Mockers' because of...
Those brogue boots third from the left on the top shelf look the business!
Thanks for this thread. I enjoy following the other one very much but feel I am there more to listen and learn than to contribute, since I wasn't born til 1970. This is 2014 and I like to live in the modern world although my personal style is very much influenced/inspired by elements of what was worn in the 60s, it's more because those pieces are timeless; but how to wear them in 2014 without looking like you are wearing a 'skinhead halloween costume'? Today I am in Clarks...
Ugh, he looks pretty silly for a man of his age... they could have kept it classic but instead gave him 'rebellious' DMs and ill-fitting troosers. What a shame. It's a kids programme anyway.
Speaking of Baracuta, I got an email in my inbox this morning advertising these monstrosities: http://us.baracuta.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-WPBAWO-US-Site/en_US/Search-Show?cgid=br_fleece       a far cry from cashmere and the union flag on the collar takes the biscuit...
A mate sent me this review of "Mod-A Very British Style" from the London Review of Books... not very favourable, sounds like another cash-in attempt...    http://www.lrb.co.uk/v35/n16/ian-penman/even-if-you-have-to-starve