or Connect

Posts by BrianMendoza

Hey fellas, I'm looking to buy a Filson x Levi trucker jacket, in any of the colors (tan, black, green), as long as it's in a XXL.   Send me pics of the jacket if you've got one for sale and we'll negotiate a price.   Thanks! - Brian
I know this is an old thread, but I can't help but comment regarding 1000 miles being compared to either aldens mentioned here. Don't get me wrong, the wolverine 1000 mile is a great boot. I own two pairs, and have complemented them several of times in this forum. Whether someone would choose them over indys is subjective, so there's no argument there. But to say they're as durable or well made seems a bit crazy to me. Worth the difference in price? Again, subjective, so...
I'm selling a pair of VERY NEAR brand new Red Wing 875 boots, in size 8.5. For size comparisons, I wear a 9 in Alden Indys and Red Wing Beckmans, and 8.5 in Clarks Desert Boots and Vans.    I've worn them less than 3 times, each less than an hour each time. They're so new they still haven't been completely broken in yet. The only reason I'm selling them is because this is my second pair.   Asking $175, let me know if you're interested.        
PM sent
Hey guys. Selling a pair of 405 indy boots. I bought them at Union Made in Santa Monica, CA. I paid $475 plus tax for them at the time, and have hardly worn them since. The main reason I'm selling them is because I'm looking to buy a paid of indy's in  the "natural" colorway.   Let me know if you're interested. I can ship the shoes out, and will determine the shipping costs based on your location, and I'm also available for pick up in San Diego.   Here are some...
  Well, when you mentioned the white residue earlier, that's usually a sign of over waxing/conditioning. Those creases are probably more prominent because of two things: The white residue is stuck in the creases, making them stick out more visually, so you would just have to really wipe down those areas. Or second, leather that's moistened up will become more flexible. And some times, that flexibility leads to more creases. It might look a little bit bothersome now, but...
RW leather conditioner is a great product. That's a generous gesture, too. If I didn't already have some I'd jump right on it.   Also, I promised to share my experiences with the polyurethane on the soles to keep them from some serious scuffing/soaking/darkening/etc. I first started with Minwax Polyurethane. For me, it was sub-par. It took FOREVER to dry, even though it was "fast drying", it never really dried... After 5 days it still felt tacky and attracted dirt...
  Those Shell 721's are awesome. They've seen more trails and adventures than all my boots combined and look just as well taken care of.     I wouldn't even worry bother with creme. Just get Renovateur. Renovateur only comes in one color (nuetral) and works with all boot colors. It works perfectly with my Cigar GT's.   I only use cremes if I've managed to get some scuffs that were deep enough to be a different color than the boot. For example, I've had deep scratches in...
  Now that you mentioned it, Collonil makes good products also. Their cream is a pretty close second to Venitian and Saphir, and a really good choice as a more available alternative. The only thing Collonil cream will lack is ingredients like beeswax/carnuba that give Venitian and Saphir that water repellency.
  Yeah man. Hopefully you got a chance to check out the post I made right before that last one too, about lexol vs Venitian. It seems like we've got fairly similar taste (round toe beckmans and 1907's) so stick with those tips and you'll be happy. I had to learn the hard way with some of those products (RW Dressing/Montana Pitch Blend/obenaufs/snoseal). Luckily I didn't apply too much and keep the boots from ever getting a nice shine again.