or Connect

Posts by Swede66

I suggest same size as in EG 82. Works fine for me.
I wear Carmina Rain in the same size as the Meccariello's. Rain is wider/roomier no doubt, but not to the extent that I could've sized down, so I wear UK8 in both. If the Rain last fit snug I'd suggest 0.5 up in Meccariello, if it's roomy go for the same size.
I received my Optio's (full brogue) Friday and though I should chip in size references. EG 82 - UK8E G&G MH71 - UK8F Vass F & U - 41.5G AS 724 - UK8E (roomy) C&J 341 - UK7.5E Carmina Oscar - UK8E AE - 8.5D Alden Barrie & Plaza - 8.5D I bought the Meccariello's in UK8E. They fit fairly close to the EG82, though with a slightly wider fore foot. Antonio himself says fitting reference is EG202, which is slightly wider than the 82 last. Stability and arch support is much...
My first adventure with StC. Split toe on a personalised last. Won't be my last commission.
hStC doesn't hand stitch any soles unless you buy bespoke. They use machine to stitch leather soles.And, as can be seen on my own pair, rubber soles are not stitched att all.
I have both F and U in standard and wide fit (G). I believe that the toe box is slightly wider in G fit (for the better IMO), but outsoles are more or less the sama between the differen widths. Hard to say regarding insole.
To my defenition "sleek" is a shoe with a somewhat "petit" overall look. So a thin sole, a narrow cut welt, a narrow waist and, most often, not a lot of brogueing. Toe shape per see has nothing to do with it.From others comments I see that for some it means a pointy toe last and for others a chiseled toe last, even of the shoe overall is not very sleek.With my defenition AS certainly has sleek lasts, Armfield on 109 for one (almond toe), Moore on 724 (square, slightly...
To each his own, but I wouldn't recommend cordovan for a business/formal black cap toe. Calf and single leather sole would be my choice. I have two black oxfords on U-last, OldEnglish captoes and an Austerity brogue. Both are great models.[IMG]I do also have a wholecut on U, though in Oxblood. It would be smashing in black.
Still available.
I bought them direct from Vass in Budapest, as an MTO.