or Connect

Posts by Bakes11771

You sure?  You think that the Blake boots are roomier than Alden TruBalance and Barrie?  I would disagree and lead him in the other direction to at least a 13.  IME, they fit pretty true-to-size, where most size down for Barrie and TruBalance.
I don't have the Rancourt pennies, but I have a few other Rancourt makeups.  I have 3 pairs of Alden LHS.  While I like Rancourt, and am sometimes disappointed with Alden's attention to detail, I think the LHS is a bit higher in build quality.  Also a bit more of a refined shoe due to the way that they stitch the toe.  (Rancourt's 2 pieces stitched together vs Alden's 1 piece.) My reasoning is this: The leather soles that Rancourt uses are complete shit.  (sorry, but...
  I dig em.  I've got two pairs with plans to acquire more. Not really concerned with what a bunch of strangers on the Internet think about them.
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Suede-Boat-Boots/MH00362,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00362_Color=TAUP&contentpos=15&cgid=0494
So you are saying Saddle and Cognac are the same, but Dark Cognac is different?
  You sure about that?  I think Saddle = Whiskey, while Dark Cognac = Cigar.  No?
Those are really holding up quite nicely.
 ^^^This is a a great makeup IMO  It's the Cricket.
This blue Alden Tassel is most commonly on the copley last.  J Gilbert did it in the Aberdeen, which is the conventional last for tassels, but Union Made and a few others did it on copley.  I'd be down for a vision grey suede string loafer.
In the instance that I am thinking about they were visible on the outside, but only on certain parts.  In other words, not all the way around the shoe.  I'm sure you could find the pics in the gallery if you really wanted to, but it would take a lot of digging.   Edit: See post 2427.  It actually wasn't too hard to find.  This thread doesn't move that fast.