or Connect

Posts by Bakes11771

Haberdash with the sale are still cheaper. (New)
Over my dead body will I let someone else profit from my shoes!!! ...Oh, wait, that is exactly what we are talking about! I know! I'll order that all of my shoes be destroyed so that none may profit from them.  My house, vehicles and other assets too, lest others profit from my death!  I'd rather my car be destroyed than be sold to a car dealer, who will turn around and sell it for a profit! Just kidding Steve.  I read you loud and clear.  I'm not much of a fan of internet...
Did a little experiment with the shoes from my signature to see if I could demonstrate some of their potential.  (So far I treated the left* shoe only, but will treat the other and retake pics for the listing) *The shoe that appears in the right side of the picturesBefore: During: [[SPOILER]] After: I think the treated shoe looks much improved.  Would have probably been a more drastic difference if they were any color other than black.  Will post a better pic of both shoes...
Not saying that I am opposed to selling items that I don't get much use out of on eBay or B&S.  Just saying that my expensive clothes aren't important enough in the grand scheme of things to have some sort of contingency plan.   I think much of what Clambakeskate was saying is that while some may not trade their prized Aldens for the world, others are uninterested in other peoples old shoes.  And that he buys things for his own enjoyment, and is not tip-toeing around in...
I'm going with #2 as well, for the kick-up toe.  Planning on a pair of White's Classic Work Boots for that same reason. 
Used, my Aldens are worth only a few thousand bucks.  Nothing terribly exclusive in my collection.  It's not like we all have Uncle Mac collections (MrDV, however, is approaching that point).  I have many other possessions that are worth much more.  If this were not the case, I'd really have to reevaluate my priorities and why such a significant portion of my worth is comprised of shoes.  If I were to die, a few thousand in used shoes would really not be that big of a deal...
Go to their website for a description.  Its an orthopedic last that emphasizes arch support.  Does not work well for some with flat feet.  If you aren't specifically looking for a modified last boot, I'd recommend going with one of the other alternatives that were mentioned.  Modified is a form follows function shape.  Many don't like its appearance. The rest I leave for you to discover on your own.  Searching for this information is half of the fun of the Alden...
Actually, much to my surprise, Moulded does have that boot on their website!
Absolutely not.On modified last, your best bet would be Moulded Shoe, but even then, No.  If you want them on that last, you'd pretty much have to buy those.  Maybe Moulded has something similar non-shell. Alden Madison has something similar on the grant last.  DC and SF have something similar on Grand with commando sole.  Also, Shoemart, as mentioned above.
 Leffot also received a run of Color 8 LWBs with antique edge recently.  They still have a few sizes left.