or Connect

Posts by Bakes11771

I don't know anything about this, but aren't they doing that to burn any loose threads?
I'm looking for a pair of J Crew Cordovan PCT Boots in size 11.5 if anyone knows where I can find them.  I notice that they are back ordered at J. Crew, and I don't want to wait several months.  Maybe someone out there is sitting on a pair that they would consider unloading?  I'd be willing to pay a little over $500 shipped.  Let me know.   I realize it's a long shot, but figured I'd just throw it out there just in case...
Agree on both points.
Well then, Alden must be run by lunatics and will go out of business.  This practice is absurd, self-defeating and un-enforcable. If the resellers were successful at reselling the shoes abroad, then the mark-ups were by definition not "significant".  If people paid the prices the that resellers were asking, they did so happily and not begrudgingly. 
Not especially, extremely overpriced in my opinion, but that is part of the appeal.  It has a certain status/exclusivity to it.  Very in demand right now.  They actually started selling sort of non-work out clothes, so that people who don't work out can also feel like they are cool because they wear lulu lemon.  I don't think they are trying to stop every person that buys 1 item and then sells it on eBay for whatever reason.  I think they are trying to prevent those that...
I think what initiated this was that their customers were finding it difficult to buy merchandise at their stores and on their website because it was out of stock and being sold on eBay for an inflated price.
Not very capitalistic, but I like that policy. I think it is scummy when people go and buy a bunch of clothes that have limited availability with the intention of reselling them for a profit.  Get a real job that actually adds value to society. (LuLu Lemon often does not restock items once they are sold out)
I would guess Robert, but curious to hear what he says.