or Connect

Posts by Bakes11771

Love those socks! Don't see that particular color scheme on customshirt1.com.
I tried telling you this in the beginning, but I guess some things you just have to learn for yourself. I don't think you have to stick to just Alden, the same as I think its dumb when people buy a pair of shoes for the mere fact that "Alden" is stamped on the insole.  (or when people buy a rare-make up in the wrong size and stuff tissue paper in the front of the toe and use insoles and heel pads and tongue pads and wear two pairs of thick wool socks to "make it work",...
I actually changed my mind when I saw whoever suggested the Alt Wein. Color 8 LWB would also work.
 Color 8 Tassel.  It wouldn't be my first choice for either scenario, but if I had to go with one that serves both purposes, I think utility is maximized with such a selection.
Ditto!
Uncle Mac with the rare non-shell selection!  This happens but once a year! Looking good, Uncle.
I thought it looked 2 toned, but wasn't sure.  Plainsman brown, CXL.  Not sure if I've seen anyone post pics of that in the thread before, but recall seeing it on their instagram or website now that you bring it back in to my mind.  Something to remember for the future.  Tying not to buy any more shoes, but am thinking about some White's semi-dress boots, and Plainsman CXL would be a good option if they can do it. What about the RLH didn't you like?  Too unstable/wobbly...
 A few words of caution on Saphir Cordovan Creme -Some folks dislike the greasy finish it leaves behind -It is not good for spot treating, it will change the appearance of the shoe a little, so use it on the whole shoe.  Use wax for spot treating. -Apply and work it in to small sections at a time.  It dries fast, so if you try to apply it all over a pair of shoes, it will be too dry to go back and work it in where you started. There is no one right/wrong answer to this...
Looks like you went with the cinnamon laces?  Nice touch! Is that tan bulldog leather?I have boat shoes with boat sole and rangers with apsen (and leather midsole).  The aspen, even with the leather midsole is about 10x squishier than the hard rubber of the boat sole.  Honestly, I can't even feel the leather midsole, just the squishy latex.  The leather midsole must look a lot harder than it is.  Not sure I would call it hard at all.
Delicious!