or Connect

Posts by Bakes11771

Pics to follow, please.
I don't have data to support it, but it doesn't wear excessively fast.  I would think that Rancourt's leather soles wear faster. Not sure how the wear-rate compares to a conventional plantation crepe, but my Aspens really haven't worn much at all.  The flexible nature of the latex probably allows it to move a little bit under pressure, resulting in less wear, but that is just a theory that I just came up with, so don't place much credibility on it. @FrankCowperwood can...

I'd go with one of the reltex soles for sure.  Or maybe a camp micc sole.  Red brick or natural if you want to get a little wild.
I'm a big advocate of Rancourt, but I must say that their leather soles are shit. Good thing they offer many non-leather sole options.
This may have already been pointed out, and very well may have been the initial inspiration for this make-up, but I should mention, Armoury NYC has some kind of brown scotchgrain oxford that I saw during a recent visit.
Thanks for the speedy response.  I might just get the same ones as you, but with a different sole.  After perusing the pic gallery in this thread, sometimes I think that the vamp of the hand sewn chukka looks too uninterrupted. Another thing that I noticed is that @eljlakers has some sweet makeups. I like your light green suede chukkas too, Frank. 
I was just about to ask you to post more pics of these! I didn't like Bison for the longest time, but now it's growing on me! Did you ask for it to be really grainy like that?  I noticed that in a lot of their catalog pictures, its smaller grain. Also  what's going on with the leather on the vamp? or are they just dirty?  How is the leather in terms of stretch?   I am thinking about doing a chocolate bison hand sewn chukka on RLH Ranger.