or Connect

Posts by Bakes11771

Dropped the Blake Boots in the mail today and thought I'd post this montage to reflect on all the good times we had together.  I think they actually worked best without cuffed pants.   Got nothing to wear with my green cords now.          
I would get the brown myself, except I already have these Aldens  [[SPOILER]]
 I think the Carmina trees are actually made of oak, not cedar.  Since they aren't cedar, which is used for is moisture absorbing properties, it doesn't really matter that they are finished, since oak does not absorb moisture at nearly the rate that cedar does.  However, there is a hole bored in the front portion of the tree and the bottom is shaped in such a way that it allows moisture to escape through that hole.  They aren't lasted, just size specific.  I can't say for...
Got These.  Love em.  Got the matching belt from Steve.  Thanks again, Steve!    P.S. Got the Navy Blue Suede joints from Steve too!
Yes. Go with Crepe or one of the Reltex soles. It's way worth it over the leather/leather-based soles in terms of comfort.
I think I'm a more common size than you.  Aren't you 11.5?  If so, scary that I know that. Agreed on the plain toe in this particular instance.
Just a point of reference:  I was able to get full ask for my Blake Boots in about 36hrs of listing them on eBay.  I got a lot of best offers too, many from people who clearly wanted to resell them (they had a lot of other auctions for NOS shoes and the like.)   Just thought I'd throw it out there incase anyone wondered what their pair might bring, or how to price them.
Lined Woah, that is quite a feat!
 Thanks for the compliment Yes, in my experience, they are TTS. They actually fit much more like shoes than boots.  I remember you having some nice pairs of Whites Boots from when I was contemplating them and frequented that thread. 9.5 by no means fits generous for me, and thats how I like my footwear to fit.  I don't know why anyone would want their foot sloshing around inside a shoe/boot. New Balance 10Nike 10Gucci/Tods 9.5 Van 9CAberdeen 9DHampton 9D Oscar 8.5 UKRobert...
My brother-in-law just got a pair or Harlechs and is now a big fan.  I just emailed him the specs in an attempt to moisten his palette.  He isn't on SF, so I would have to proxy for him.   Not sure how likely he is to participate, being that he has a wife and 2 children under 2.  I'm always soliciting him with opportunities to score coveted shoes, but he always declines.