or Connect

Posts by Bakes11771

You see Tif, this is why I wanted to qualify my statements.  (Just in case I actually am mistaken.) It doesn't happen very often, quite the opposite, actually, but about once every few years I say something that might not be entirely correct in 100% of all instances. In all seriousness though, Buda is correct.  For example, Carmina Suede loafers from Gentlemans Footwear vs Alden Suede loafers form Leffot.
In terms of price, if I'm not mistaken, there is a bit of a step up from AE to Alden, and then another small (but quickly narrowing) step up between Alden and Carmina, and then another step up to some of the other brands you mentioned.  I mean, calf AE's cost like $350, if i'm not mistaken.  Calf EG or G&G cost many more times over, if i'm not mistaken. Also, in terms of quality, I think there is a step up between AE and Alden.  (Quality, not quality control, but quality...
 Keep saving and get the Ravello LHS.  Do it right.
Consensus is that there is no best. Venetian, Reno, it doesn't make a big difference either way.
My first Aldens were the Black Unlined LHS from BB.  My dad started wearing them on my sisters recommendation, so I got a pair after looking at his for a few years.  6 months later, I got the color 8 lined version.  3 months later, the cigar version.  about 9 months later, I started buying them a lot faster.  9015 and 9016, color 8 tassel, cigar tassel, cigar cap toe, MKS Tassel.  At that point, I had about 16 pairs of nice shoes in total (2 pairs of gucci loafers, cj...
-No, they are handsewns, let them take the shape of your foot. -Nothing is required for protection.  CXL has plenty of natural wax and oils, such that nothing needs to be added.  After a few months, use Venetian Shoe Cream, Saphir Renovateur, or other to condition, and brush with a horsehair brush. Edit: Pics please.
   Calm down Shaun.  You are forgiven.
   It doesn't ruin my day either, but it was probably a good thing to have been brought up so that others are aware of the possible repercussions.
I think that it is also against StyleForum rules, although I haven't actually read the Terms of Service, so can't say for sure.
Hey! No cutting in line!