Posts by Bakes11771

Nice!  Is that the Zegna?
For $270 it's worth considering. For the full price of $395, I think its not worth the price in terms of quality of materials and construction. (Leather sole not as nice as you see from other makers close to that price, fiberboard insole feels cheap to me, stitching on upper leaves something to be desired, IMO)   P.S. I saw Rancourt at pop-up flea this past weekend. Was a lot of $125 seconds that were hard to pass up. It was a cool event overall. Sorry, I didn't take any...
@imys  [Fist bump] Wooly AF!
@imys Fist-bump for the Woodhouse Cashmere Stripe
I don't think he meant it to be offensive. I read it as him saying that different cultures have different norms in terms of customer service. For example, often when Europeans visit the United States, they find it odd that the waiter/waitress is so friendly to them. Sometimes they are put off by it, because they feel the person is being "fake".
As I recall, their prices were not that competitive because they have to pay considerable duties when importing the merchandise into S. Korea, or wherever they were located. Maybe that has something to do with their decision to cease serving U.S. customers. That is, if they have indeed made such a decision.
I had a pair of Espresso Blake Boots, that TBH, I didn't love. It was really more of a high shoe than it was a boot, and I did not like the leather used for the midsole. Was not the quality of material for a boot of that price. Also, the stitching on the upper seemed like it should have been better for the price. The last had a shoe-like shape to it, as opposed to boot-like. Don't get me wrong. I have bought like 10 pairs of Rancourts and sing their praises every change I...
Woodhouse Cashmere with color coordinated socks (American Trench) and Alden Cigar LHS        My Brother-in-law in the Pumpkin Cashmere.
I like the woodhouse too. I almost kopped that one.