or Connect

Posts by Bakes11771

I recall the issue you speak of, and I am in the same camp re the aesthetic. FWIW, the instance that I had in which this occurred was on a Blake boot, not a handsewn.
  I don't wanna be the guy who bashes Rancourt in the Rancourt Thread, but I will anyway... While I love Rancourt, I don't love them at the $350+ price point because the quality is just not there.  Granted these are shell, but you get the same stitching and other materials regardless.  While this type of thing is not a big deal, and you get it with other brands as well, I seem to see it a lot more with Rancourt.  Happened on a pair of shell Rancourts that I used to...
What color?
   Enjoy!   
Thanks.  I chose the boots first, and then the laces were an afterthought.  I love the bison and would not enjoy the boots as much in CXL.  They usually aren't so dark and glossy, only because I just cleaned them and brushed them with Saphir. Thanks Frank.  Love them more than I ever could have imagined.  Wear them daily.  Super comfortable!

Seems like there really wasn't any explicit or implicit upcharge at all, based off what a shell penny loafer costs on their website. I asked because there was a fella a few weeks ago who wanted a CXL penny loafer on a leather sole, and they told him $400, while CXL penny on RLH, a more expensive sole as you know, is RTW at $305. Nor can I...
I vote caramel on brick. Did they hit you hard with an uncharge?
@Zapasman  is probably right, unfortunately.  Seems like this could be a case of Rain's high instep not working well for your foot.  I was never a fan of heel/tongue pads.  Even with such corrective measures, the fit will feel off, and it will dissuade you from wearing them as much as you otherwise would.
Everyone experiences this.  Its like how the back edge of your heel wears down also.  Its inevitable.