Posts by Bakes11771

Yeah, but if you consider it with steel-string music playing in the background, it almost seems like it's a good thing! 
 Yes, they do.This.
And another exception is that side-sticked cupped RLH "Traveler" sole.   http://www.rancourtandcompany.com/men-s/limited-edition/traveler-ranger-moc-rust-lamba.html​
Nice! Is that the Zegna?
Nice!  Is that the Zegna?
For $270 it's worth considering. For the full price of $395, I think its not worth the price in terms of quality of materials and construction. (Leather sole not as nice as you see from other makers close to that price, fiberboard insole feels cheap to me, stitching on upper leaves something to be desired, IMO)   P.S. I saw Rancourt at pop-up flea this past weekend. Was a lot of $125 seconds that were hard to pass up. It was a cool event overall. Sorry, I didn't take any...
@imys  [Fist bump] Wooly AF!
@imys Fist-bump for the Woodhouse Cashmere Stripe
I don't think he meant it to be offensive. I read it as him saying that different cultures have different norms in terms of customer service. For example, often when Europeans visit the United States, they find it odd that the waiter/waitress is so friendly to them. Sometimes they are put off by it, because they feel the person is being "fake".
As I recall, their prices were not that competitive because they have to pay considerable duties when importing the merchandise into S. Korea, or wherever they were located. Maybe that has something to do with their decision to cease serving U.S. customers. That is, if they have indeed made such a decision.