or Connect

Posts by Bakes11771

I don't think he meant it to be offensive. I read it as him saying that different cultures have different norms in terms of customer service. For example, often when Europeans visit the United States, they find it odd that the waiter/waitress is so friendly to them. Sometimes they are put off by it, because they feel the person is being "fake".
As I recall, their prices were not that competitive because they have to pay considerable duties when importing the merchandise into S. Korea, or wherever they were located. Maybe that has something to do with their decision to cease serving U.S. customers. That is, if they have indeed made such a decision.
I had a pair of Espresso Blake Boots, that TBH, I didn't love. It was really more of a high shoe than it was a boot, and I did not like the leather used for the midsole. Was not the quality of material for a boot of that price. Also, the stitching on the upper seemed like it should have been better for the price. The last had a shoe-like shape to it, as opposed to boot-like. Don't get me wrong. I have bought like 10 pairs of Rancourts and sing their praises every change I...
Woodhouse Cashmere with color coordinated socks (American Trench) and Alden Cigar LHS        My Brother-in-law in the Pumpkin Cashmere.
I like the woodhouse too. I almost kopped that one.
A few more shots after some wear. The High variant of the court classic seems to require that the first or second set of eyelets are unlaced in order to get my foot in, so they take a little more effort to put on, but I still prefer them over the Mid variant based on aesthetics. Also, the sole and lining are very comfortable. Two thumbs up.                
FWIW, I've purchased several Rancourt models on various lasts, and they all seem to fit true to brannock.
Court Classic High that I special ordered through Askov Finlayson during their special event in August. I thought they were going to be brown suede, but I think they are actually Flint Kudu. In any case, I'm happy with them. Just not what I had expected.    
  Woodhouse Cashmere, Zegna Navy Cashmere, W Bill Wool/Silk Tweed, W Bill Cashmere Barleycorn, Zegna Espresso Cashmere   @imys @NewYorkIslander Is Four-in-hand the best knot for these? Full Windsor seems to get out of control with the thickness of the wool...