or Connect

Posts by Bakes11771

We need to change the title of this thready to the Carmina Shoes Official Complaints and Grievances Thread.   That is indeed messed up, though.   If it is because of currency fluctuation, then they really need to get this whole currency thing sorted out.  They seem to be struggling with it, and it appears to be agitating a lot of their customers.   Also, if they are in fact listening as is often said, they need to clamp down on their quality control.  They are...
I was able to sell mine here.  Not worth the hassle of returning it.
 No, its more important that the shoe fit well in terms of length and width.  The ability for the quarters to be closer or further allows for flexibility in terms of people with higher/lower insteps.  People with low insteps will have a more narrow V, people with higher insteps will have a wider V.  Your V width will vary depending on the last and how pronounced the instep is.  I suppose if you got bespoke shoes, you could have the width of your V exactly how you want it...
 I just really wanted to brag to my coworkers/friends about my shell cordovan Alden's and how special and rare they are, so I bought the wrong size and 'made it work'.
Here's my V, FWIW.  
The quarters don't have to be touching.  It's okay to have a V.  I would not obsess over the severity of the V so much.  If they fit comfortably, then go with it.
Before you know it, you'll be spending $1,500 - $2,000 on Edward Green and St. Crispin.  This is just how it starts out.
You must just have a ridiculous instep.  If they fit well in all other aspects, I would stick with them.
@Portland Dry Goods would love to hear more about improvements that you observed!
Not really into it, personally. For Rancourt, I stick with handsewns (on Reltex sole where appropriate). Anything else and I'd turn to someone who presents a better value.