or Connect

Posts by Bakes11771

Which Last?  It seems as though it should be obvious, but I can't quite put my finger on it ATM
 Shiny nickel.  See pics of my Espresso Blake Boots.  I must be the odd man out.  I don't think I like brass eyelets in any context.  Yes, IMO, it is true, but I'm probably the one who put that in your head to begin with. This isn't what you want to hear but... RUBBER!  (Just learn to like it) Or fine, get leather.  But don't say that I didn't warn you.  Edit: Is a boat shoe really even a boat shoe without the boat shoe sole?

I might have gotten one of those car coats if it came in Navy, and I didn't just buy something similar to fit the need.
 What sole do they currently have?  Looks like camp moc sole? I'd say aspen. The natural or yellow would pop nicely against the navy. 
The shell will not stretch.  I am a 9.5D on the brannock, that's what I ordered for my Blakes and they fit like a glove. CXL stretches like crazy.  Not sure what advice to give for cxl sizing in the context of blake boots, but for my cxl handsewns I always go down half a size.  If the CXL is lined, it will not stretch as much as it would if it were unlined. Careful following their sizing advice.  They don't always know what they are talking about, and there have been a few...
Get the Carmina trees.
  CXL does not stay uniform in color Get the mini lug. I wish that I did. Pics below - The blake boots are espresso shell, the boat shoes and women's mid-boots are brown cxl. Consider the russell boot.  More boot-like last with a higher toe box. Depending on what you're looking for, you might consider other brands as well.  I love Rancourt, but their boots are really just tall shoes. [[SPOILER]]
Is that a fact? If so, have they said that they are unwilling?
Leaves, What last is this? Forest?