or Connect

Posts by Bakes11771

^^^Gangsta! Gangsta! That's what they yellin' I think I've seen Rancourt refer to it as "Shrunken Bison" on their instagram post about the bison driving shoes. I haven't seen the larger grained bison that @FrankCowperwood has in the olive color.  Edit: 'Twasn't on insta, 'twas in their email newsletter.  See here (2nd paragraph)
Not sure they do a chelsea boot or wingtip on Robert, and they don't mix/match patterns and lasts like other shoemakers do. I know they do bluchers and balmorals on Robert, though.
 I think you'll be surprised. Side-by-side I'll bet they outlast Rancourt's leather soles.
Simpson has a low instep, robert has a high instep.  Or as you put it, the lacing area is more generous on the robert.
 The lace on a their string loafers is actually one of the steps in their manufacturing process that takes place in Mexico!   Just kidding.  This is an anomaly.  I have 3 pairs and have not experienced that.  Probably just a weak part in the hide that your lace happened to end up including.  (or something like that). I would definitely contact Carmina or the retailer about it. In the meantime, you are justified in feeling as though you look like a fool at the office.
Would love to see the loafers from more angles.
I'm at the gym on my cell but it should be easy to find with Google.Edit :https://m.reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/comments/29r3ow/ama_styleforum_coowner_administrator_and_manager/Try that. It's a link to their mobile site version, but it was the first Google result when I searched.
You are correct.  He is just trying to get one in under the wire at the lower European price. Keep in mind Gents, Steve pays a lot of money for his Affiliate Vendor thread, so lets show some respect by not soliciting for GMTOs that will be submitted via other channels. If you read the Reddit AMA with StyleForum's founder, you'll understand the this thread really belongs to Steve more than it belongs to us.  If he stops paying, the thread disappears.
 TBH, I don't hate this practice.  What do they say to people if they ask to try on a pair?