or Connect

Posts by Bakes11771

If I had to speculate, because it costs a considerable amount to be an affiliate vendor and their prices weren't that competitive relative to other retailers selling the same brands because they had to factor in their own duties when importing their stock into South Korea.  (From what I gather, the import duties in South Korea are significant.)
The recent strengthening of the Euro vs the Dollar is not as significant as the initial weakening of the Euro/Dollar.  The exchange rate is not far from where it was when they made the initial adjustment.  This suggests to me that any increase that may have occurred was not the result of currency fluctuations.     Here is a 2 year chart Here is a 1 year

When buying shoes from Europe in general, you really want to know you size.  Returns are not easy and shipping is not cheap.  If you are willing to bear those costs and bite your nails for weeks as the package sits in foreign customs, go for it.   Here is the blue. I'd say that Betty is right.  Their pics are pretty true to color.
 I thought I remembered hearing something a while back about the Buger being described as Rain aesthetic but with a fit that accommodates those with less extreme foot proportions.  However, when I went back to find whatever it was that I am thinking about, I came up with nothing.  Maybe it was posted in the Proper Kit thread.  I didn't look there...
@GuidoTheKillerPimp  also worth mentioning, the color of Carmina's blue suede looks a little different IRL than the pic you posted.
^^^Everything he said...
 I share the same understanding regarding Cognac/Ravello and Dark Cognac/Cigar, but I'm not sure that its an official color classification system.  Also, the inconsistency in the use of color names across retailers and even Carmina themselves definitely confuses things even further.
Shell cordovan is inherently inconsistent in terms of shade.  No matter how specific your request, there is still risk involved.  It's best to either accept the possibility that you won't get exactly the shade that you imagined, or abstain. Over the years I've seen a lot of folks disappointed over inconsistencies in the color of shoes that they spent a lot of money on.  Retailers and manufacturers generally respond to such grievances with a "that's just the way it is"...
Also worth noting... If you are interested in something a bit less casual than CXL, they also offer calfskin and a few other options...