or Connect

Posts by Bakes11771

In the instance that I am thinking about they were visible on the outside, but only on certain parts.  In other words, not all the way around the shoe.  I'm sure you could find the pics in the gallery if you really wanted to, but it would take a lot of digging.   Edit: See post 2427.  It actually wasn't too hard to find.  This thread doesn't move that fast. 
  They can, but there may be holes visible where the first sole was stitched on.  Not a big deal, but if you look for them you might find them. Someone else had that done and posted pics a while back, and that was the outcome.
Daaaayum! I can't believe you have been holding out on us! That is a great combo.  I imagine that it took some balls, but it came out very well.  Probably a little easier for you to take such risks since you have a set of swatches. Still, you are a visionary nonetheless. Would love to see other angles if you get a chance.
@Leaves still eager for this comparison shot if you can make it happen.
TBH, I haven't actually worn the shoes except for around the house a bit.  Lately, I wear sneakers most days. I can get back to you on that, if you wish.  I want to say the Robert's is slightly higher than the Uetam, but its tough to make a comparison because one is a derby, the other is a loafer.  See attached  pics for reference.  I won't say that I have a freakishly high instep, but I definitely don't have a low one.  The high-instep nature that most of Carmina's lasts...
I take the same size in Robert as I do in Oscar and Uetam. Here are some more Robert pics.  [[SPOILER]]  IRL they aren't quite as elongated as they look in some of the pictures.  The side profile shots are a better representation.
  http://shop.thearmoury.com/us/carmina-uetam-80285-loafer-suede-natural   So... then what is your motivation in pursuing a pair?  (Not being a dick, genuinely curious.)
Pics?
Fu©k what you heard!  ...No, I'm just kidding.  As you wish.   Don't forget to post pics
I was thinking about getting a bison clymer and putting those laces in them, but I just have a hard time swallowing Rancourt's prices when I am used to paying 20% less for them just a few years ago.  I agree with Frank, that the Reltex soles are comfortable. I've never worn plantation crepe, which is what is on Clarks, but I expect that it might be a different experience than a Reltex sole, even though they are both made of the same material.  The Reltex soles don't have...