or Connect

Posts by Bakes11771

This would be sweet!
  Would love to see more pics of your personal collection if possible...  
Different pattern if you look closely.  The bedford has that 135 degree angle on the side, like an Alden Chukka.  I actually like this Rancourt pattern in discussion much better.
Bakes11771 responding to page: Yeah, this guy and his makeup are prime candidates for the Ranger sole.  Pretty soon I'm either going to have to shut up, or take my own suggestion and buy something with the Ranger sole. This PDG makeup is hot!  The price is just a little hard for me to swallow.* http://seawallshop.com/index.php/shop-by-brand/rancourt/rancourt-for-pdg-olive-battery-steele-boot *I want to acknowledge that PDG's prices are very much inline with the...
I will add that they have a variety of different types of suede from multiple tanneries.  Each tannery is world renowned.  Rancourt does not cut any corners in regard to the quality of materials when it comes to suede. http://www.rancourtandcompany.com/leathers Here is a shot of Snuff Repello that I waterproofed when new, and have not babied, nor thrashed over the past 18 months.  Conclusion: Their suede is as good as any.  They have different choices with different...
Yes, it does come with nice durable leather, but keep in mind that your expectations must be reasonable.  Any leather that is subject to repeated abrasion will show wear as a result.  Except of course for Unicorn leather.
Gosh, I promise that I'm not trying to be that guy who comes into the Rancourt thread and only posts negative stuff about the brand, but I just don't like that last for that style of shoe.  It almost seems like they took a loafer last and used it for a lace-up.  Edit: To put a a positive spin on it, at least it's distinctive. A lot of times similar styles from different shoemakers are almost indistinguishable.  The last thing we need is another version of the same shoe, so...
Not ideal, but would not be a deal breaker for me.  I agree, it is a bit disappointing. Those are from Skoak? or elsewhere?
I am by no means certain about this, but I think that not all JR soles have the insignia.