or Connect

Posts by seeldoger47

It's good but not as good as his The Story of Qui Ju, which is a masterpiece.  
Hey man, Paul Thomas Anderson knows better. So the question you should be asking is 'why did he tell the story in such an unconventional way.'
I'd hardly call Kubrick "fast paced." Argo is a dull and pretentious movie that rewrites history. And regarding Gone Girl: I'd be remiss if I didn't share this.  The restrained camera has a very distancing effect and I can't figure out if it is a strength or a weakness.
You would think Salt to be a mere propaganda picture but then you see Harlan County, USA and realize they didn't exaggerate anything.
This picture paints a rather bleak portrait of Bulgaria.   The Avengers: Age of Ultron or what happens when the Avengers encounter their logical extreme. Joss Whedon does remarkable work given the binding constraints inherent to the Avengers.  
Great film. Have you seen Kind Hearts and Coronets? Alec Guinness plays eight characters and pretty much nails it. PSA: Janus Films/The Criterion Collection have restored Apu Trilogy (one of my most favorite trilogies) and, having seen the copy of the original negative, can say they've done a remarkable job. I can't wait to see it on the big screen.
Kornél Mundruczó, who is seemingly an angry vegetarian, took a page out of Quentin Tarantino's book, creating a fairy tale/revenge flick, that unfortunately has as all the same drawbacks as Tarantino's post Jackie Brown years.
It's not for everyone, towards the end an elderly lady yelled out "Just divorce her already" in exasperation, but I quite enjoyed it.
An absurdist existential film about getting divorced in Israel. Kinda like Satre's No Exit.   A rewatch of my most favorite Bogart film.
  Two long forgotten masterpieces.