or Connect

Posts by seeldoger47

Kornél Mundruczó, who is seemingly an angry vegetarian, took a page out of Quentin Tarantino's book, creating a fairy tale/revenge flick, that unfortunately has as all the same drawbacks as Tarantino's post Jackie Brown years.
It's not for everyone, towards the end an elderly lady yelled out "Just divorce her already" in exasperation, but I quite enjoyed it.
An absurdist existential film about getting divorced in Israel. Kinda like Satre's No Exit.   A rewatch of my most favorite Bogart film.
  Two long forgotten masterpieces.
Mike Leigh's so good.
Another great film from Sissako. See it in theaters if you can and then check out his previous feature Bamako.
EoT ≠ AYNiK. William Cage, Tom Crusie's character, started off as the lowest form of being, a public affairs officer and former advertising executive, is sent called to battle to defend the world from the mimics. He rejects this call, spending about 10 minutes of screen time doing it, before he is demoted and forced into battle. (Note he is called a maggot when we wakes up - that is not a coincidence.) But there most certainly was sacrifice. When Cage went on the suicide...
Edge of Tomorrow is a story about enlightenment. The happy ending totally keeps in line with the movie's dialectic. La Haine is great.
The happy ending is totally in line with the story because it is a tale of enlightenment.
Mildly entertaining and quite offbeat.  It wears a bit thin towards the end but is still worth a watch.   Wonderful. I can't recommend it enough.