or Connect

Posts by DeadBoy

I'm probably in the minority, but I'd lose the donut cuffs. Try wearing them uncuffed and see if they stack well. If not, get them hemmed to a point where you could get by with no cuffs or at least smaller ones.
 It can be tricky... a bunch of the newer stuff is pretty meh, and some of the older stuff is also kinda ugly. But the older runway pieces are also total collectors items. If it's made in Italy and/or looks cool (or 'weird,' for many CM folk), it's probably a good kop.  Please tell me you're going to use at least one of those as your new listings mannequin. PS is that Frankenstein overlooking the birth of baby Jesus from the window?  Also, wanted to give huge props to...
 Nice vintage SC. What's the brand you're not familiar with?
 Woah, somehow I missed that. Congratulations, dude! I'd write more, but I have to close this window quick before my girlfriend looks over and gets ideas. Got any solutions for those of us with the opposite problem (apart from jogging)?  Woah, stiches is a thrift threader? When did that happen?  Nice, loving the trashy laid back look. Would be nice to get a higher quality photo though for a better look at the Rafs.
 I do wear slim jeans quite often, but in the case of the particular fit you were critiquing, I was wearing a suit. Having said that, I need to find a new way to take my pics because I always look top-heavy in that mirror set-up. Re: Your challenge, that sounds kind of stupid, and I have no idea how we would do it because I don't often wear thrifted items. If you really want to, we can, although I think this has annoyed the thread enough as is. For what it's worth, you...
 Absolutely, but one of the great things about SF is that people interested in dress well can get advice and feedback from others who are similarly inclined. I don't think there's anything wrong with giving constructive feedback on what doesn't work in a fit. See also:  Something about it is incongruous? Or you just don't like it?
 It's more the tie and waistcoat with cuffed jeans and rugged boots... just incongruous in every way. And a little too much on the top although thread groupthink probably disagrees.  FTFY Thrift fit - MC edition  Coat - Michael Tapia, from dm7Suit - Corneliani, thriftedShirt - CK, discountTie - Charvet, freebie from Randomore!!! Thanks dudeShoes - BB, clearance  [[SPOILER]]
 Woah, The Casualties are still around? They were like one of my first ever shows as a kid.  Do you have a multiple personality disorder that kicked in halfway through dressing yourself?  To be fair, this is a thrift store thread...
I don't know, a friend of mine has some Balmain jeans that look like awful mall-brand pre-faded crap, but apparently cost $2k. Unless that suit is just a fake, it seems too new to be licensed, and it's not the Pierre line either.
 It's not just you. Proportions look kinda off too, although that could be the angle I suppose.  I'd be inclined to say good Balmain, but someone who knows more should weigh in. Also, there is no 'good' Balmain. Only crap Balmain and oh-my-god-I'm-going-to-sell-this-and-be-rich Balmain.