or Connect

Posts by DeadBoy

There's really only one Prada out there (and of course a bunch of fake stuff). That looks real to me.
 Sweet looking Kiton and the Faconnable is nice too. As for the Lanvin... maybe it would help if, when trying to figure out if a tie is the 'good' Lanvin, people just tried to picture if it would fit with this look: http://www.ssense.com/men/product/lanvin/charcoal_grey_contrast-sleeve_blazer/74733
 I'm going to take a respectful shot at this comment and all the follow-up supportive comments that have followed:This is StyleForum. A lot of people in this thread and in this forum as a whole came here knowing little to nothing about fashion, but wanting to know more. With proper knowledge, and a lot of patience and commitment, thrifting allows one to build a very nice wardrobe for very little money. And that's what most of us are here to do (or at least came here to...
 What does this mean? If you have time to post, and time to go out and thrift, surely you have time to read a few pages of a thread? It would save you money, time (that would have been wasted inspecting crap on the thrift store racks, and then returning or re-donating said crappy items) and closet space, and it would save everyone else here from having to sift through yet another newbie junk haul post. In other words, win-win-win. You don't need to read all 6,000, but read...
 Great looking cardigan and a nice fit in general, although I don't think the cuffs mesh with the Lanvins.  Go on...
 Looks pretty good, would be good to see the full fit though if you're looking for real criticism. The only thing that seems off is the shirt collar, which looks kinda unnaturally stuffed under the jacket lapels. Longer points would be better I think. And re: all the insane flipper talk... I still remember striking up a conversation with another flipper, which ended up being an incredibly pleasant chat that carried on as we looked through the racks, exchanging stuff we...
 That's a really nice pattern on the Billy Reid shirt. Have a shirt with a similar one, and find it quite pleasantly versatile. In other news, had the day off today and was planning to go on my first thrifting excursion in months. Had a good breakfast, put on some warm clothes (it's effing cold in Toronto right now), set off. About five minutes away from my first store, got a call from work asking if I could come in. Can't say no to money. Forty minutes later, was at City...
 Nice haul... deets on the Jil piece? Available by any chance? Been meaning to get more Jil in my life.
 That thing actually looks kind of cool. I'm not sure how well agnes b does on eBay, but I'd imagine the four buttons wouldn't hurt re-sale. I know we're trained to hate them, but after lusting after a few four and five-button blazers myself, I can see the appeal. The shredded HF on the other hand... that's a return.  Haha, I also love the not realizing Milano=Milan, or thinking the GW employee was so stupid as to not make the connection. That's where, as a Canadian, I...
 I don't know about proper cuffing techniques, but my guess is you just got pants that are too long for your size and/or aesthetic preference. Have you soaked them yet, though? They could lose some length after a hot soak.