or Connect

Posts by DeadBoy

Noob - I like it right until the ankles. The selvedge(?) on those pants reminds me of those knock-off Adidas stripe track pants I wore in elementary school, and not a fan of the shoes.  
  Woah! PMed.
Two things:   1) Spoo is a good dude.   2) When you pick up some croc loafers you want to make a shit ton of money on, where do you go? Being this thread's go-to luxury expert is good for him too.   But having said that, Coach really isn't a good brand (anymore, at least), and those were double-pleated pants. It shouldn't have even gone as far as the authenticity check. 
I'm looking to clear out a few shirts that haven't moved on the bay. All are available for cost + shipping. Or trade if you got something slim fitting in 16/35.   Pal Zileri striped button down, 16 / 35   Viyella wool/cotton blend, woven in Scotland made in Canada, 16/33   Hilditch & Key 17 / 33
  Looks big in the shoulders, the midsection and the sleeves. And, having met you, I'd say the pants are a bit baggy for a gentleman of your age group. Unless you're in love with it, I'd say flip.     Wow... this has got to be the first TOJ find in the thread. Even though it's just a shirt... wow.
  That's cool, just make sure you're upping your game into something that's nice and not something that makes you look like you raided your grandfather's closet.   And one quick piece of advice. If you're in college, you're probably in my generation, which is a generation used to instant gratification. Thrifting, on the other hand, requires a ton of patience, even more so if you're only picking up stuff for yourself. I've said it before, but I think it's worth repeating:...
Totally depends on what kind of jackets they are (workable as sport coats? more texture/not striped?), how bad a condition they're in (just a bit of wear, or full on rips/holes?) and whether the buttons are of any value (horn? MOP? 14k gold?). Might be better to keep the buttons on and sell them off.
  With the exception of the tie (Nat correct me if I'm wrong on vintage Sears stuff), you should leave all that stuff at the store.   Are you new at this? Not intending to offend, but everyone goes through a period at the beginning where they think they should just grab everything. At this point, better to put back anything you're unsure of, learn how to recognize quality over brands (please read Oregotrix's blog about this) and pay attention to what people in this thread...
That explains everything. Century 21 is New York's consolation prize for not having Jil Sander pieces sitting around in parking lots.
    The Su Misura is a solid charcoal orphan, the McQueen is a black blazer, the Etro is a pair of grey/green pinstriped pants, the Prada is a pair of black shiny pants. All size EU54.   If anyone's interested and has anything cool to trade, hit me up.