or Connect

Posts by DeadBoy

Nice haul! Especially liking those Geller pants and the blue BR shirt. All for you?
Man, spending as much time as I do in this thread with you lot makes me forget how snidey and douchey some of the people in this men's clothing forum are.   Frenchy should start his own forum.
I passed on a pair of Dacks made in Canada burgundy kangaroo skin oxfords today, size 13 (just a bit too big). Should I go back to pick those up?   I often find Dacks made from less common leathers (antelope, bison to name a couple), although nothing too crazy... yet.
  I think thrift stores price that stuff high because those are desirable brands for most of the people who shop at those stores. I've seen Lauren by Ralph Lauren suits priced at $60 which were gone the next time I visited the store. Not that I'm saying there aren't people looking for Brioni, Bogliogli or Isaia (*cough*), but they must pale in comparison to the folks willing to part with a few extra shekels for QUALITY BRANDS like Tommy Hilfiger and Liz...
  Woah, I found almost that exact same jacket like a month ago, and then someone else found another one that looked almost identical like a couple of weeks later. I think some weird Zegna mustard sport coat club just disbanded.
  Ech. Cash bars and dry weddings mean no gift from me. Luckily the ladyfriend doesn't see things the same way.
Anyone have any advice on strategies for listing Holland & Holland? I don't want my listing to get buried under a pile of Holland sports merch.
  Why yes, yes I am it is.     Killed it, very nice man!
Mainy, what's the size of those black Aldens?   Also, do you guys know about the Thrift Store Runway contest? Just saw it linked from AAF... I feel like, with all the items and knowledge, some folks here could destroy this thing.
  I've sold a couple for about $30 each, definitely worth it if you don't mind those margins. I just grabbed one yesterday that actually didn't have a loud, Robert Graham-y pattern. Hope eBayers don't hold that against it.