or Connect

Posts by DeadBoy

Yeah, no go on the tie with jeans. I will also submit that preppy cardigan with sneakers doesn't really go either.There's no easy way to say this, but... those pants look like they have a vagina.
No new finds, but I thought I'd share this item I passed on the other day, as it's one of the weirdest/possibly most offensive things I've seen in a while.   Forgive the poor pic, it was in a glass case in the boutique section (along with $50 Klauss Boehler shirts the staff tried convincing me were extremely expensive and made in the U.K. "It's made in Bulgaria," I said. "That's still part of Europe," she replied).   Yeah that's right... WTC memorial candle...
  Inadvisable on both counts.
  Nice fit man, colours look great. You might want to consider sizing down on or tapering the jawnz though... and is that an undershirt we see?   Have you ever considered using a timer or maybe just holding the camera down at your chest? Might take a few more tries to get a good shot, but it'd be nice to see the fits without the clothes being thrown off by your position.
Few things from my recent travels.   The availables:   Canali grey/black SC - 52 R   [[SPOILER]]   Brooks Brothers light green glenplaid SC - 45 R   [[SPOILER]]   Gianni Versace black one-button SC -   [[SPOILER]]   Samuelsohn brown houndstooth SC - 46 L   [[SPOILER]] And probably for eBay unless someone really wants it.   Yohji Yamamoto Costume D'Homme houndstooh suit, size L
  Welcome to the forum. Understand that every few days someone arrives here asking basically for everyone else to do all the work for them and give them a ready-made guide so they can start flipping clothes on eBay. I've personally helped several people I thought might become cool, contributing members to the thread. Most of them disappeared after a week or two, either to (hopefully) stick to department stores or (not hopefully) become volume flippers who will ensure we...
    Yeah, I get the feeling like many folks here consider SW&D to be synonymous with hipster wear or simply anything people under 30 wear that's not tailored clothing.   There's nothing wrong with not caring about those styles, especially if it's not something you wear. But to not bother learning about it and then post thrifted items here saying "This is SW&D right?" is the same thing we chastise people for when they come here bragging about their London Fog raincoats and...
  All joking aside, does anyone here besides VLSI, caseyfud and acosbysweater ever actually look in SW&D? A quick scroll should be enough to disabuse many of the notions around what's desirable to that crowd (at least, the Styleforum SW&D crowd).   Crappy quality, pretty ugly, way too expensive. The Tale of the Red in eBay completed listings reflects what that stuff is really worth.
If you wear a bowtie, then sure. Probably a decent flip if you didn't pay too much for it.   Here are a few finds from the past couple of days, all available.   Hackett french cuff shirt for spring, 15.5 with roughly 34" sleeves   Zegna by Incotex charcoal flat-fronts, 32, roughly 31" inseam.   And finally... a nice, made in Italy staple suit. Not a name, but made for local high-end shop Vassi. Roughly on par with mainline Zegna and Canali... fully canvassed, pick...
  +1, some of the buyers are clowns with their ridiculous lowballs. But on the other hand, some sellers doing the BIN OBO are just dreaming with the prices they've set. I still remember encountering a guy selling Naked & Famous jeans that retail for $130 in my local Holts for... $130 BIN OBO. I sent a best offer of $100, he countered with $125. I sent $110, he rejected. OK, enjoy trying to move something anyone can buy at a high end department store for the same price...