or Connect

Posts by DeadBoy

Hey look, a (pretty modest) haul from Deadboy. Stuff is available for the friendly folks of the forum who have demonstrated chillness/have hooked others up in the past.   Prada black wool blend pants, size 52   Samuelsohn, roughly 44R   Baldessarini roughly 42-44 S-R, pretty sure this is a wool/alpaca blend   Debatably wearable Talbott BOC tie   And then the big heartbreaker of the trip...     Told myself it was still worth the kop after finding...
Wrapping Christmas presents right now, and just realized I owe a huge, way belated big thanks to GMMcL for proxying me a bunch of things that will hopefully be well beloved by my friends and family. Dude is awesome and deserves every crazy haul he pulls. Still on the hunt for 42R stuff to repay.
 I'm still catching up in the thread but had to stop and post re: all you guys telling the noob to return a NWT Zegna suit for $110. What? Seriously? Sure the damaged one isn't worth it. But the other, flawless Zegna suit? You could double your money on that in a week no problem. Now back to reading.
Pretty awesome find. That top button is so you can do exactly what you've done in the pic. Keeps the wind off your chest when you walk around outside / makes you look like a badass kung fu priest, depending on your sartorial persuasion. Also, despite what a previous poster wrote, sometimes the top button (in your case top-middle button) should be buttoned, depending on how the garment has been built. A hard 3-button stance where the top is left unbuttoned looks just as...
 Nice find! Instead of doing the Black Friday thing, I decided to go to a local designer today to get fitted for an MTM blazer. Felt pretty good to be supporting Canadian talent. Then found out he was having a 50% off sale his  entire stock... ended up kind of doing the Black Friday thing.   Maybe they're lady shoes? Are they cashmere on the inside too? Or just the outside?  Also, not that anyone really cares, but it's a big deal for me... I actually managed to get out to...
 Step 1: returnStep 2: Google 'peacoat'
 There's really only one Prada out there (and of course a bunch of fake stuff). That looks real to me.
 Sweet looking Kiton and the Faconnable is nice too. As for the Lanvin... maybe it would help if, when trying to figure out if a tie is the 'good' Lanvin, people just tried to picture if it would fit with this look: http://www.ssense.com/men/product/lanvin/charcoal_grey_contrast-sleeve_blazer/74733
 I'm going to take a respectful shot at this comment and all the follow-up supportive comments that have followed:This is StyleForum. A lot of people in this thread and in this forum as a whole came here knowing little to nothing about fashion, but wanting to know more. With proper knowledge, and a lot of patience and commitment, thrifting allows one to build a very nice wardrobe for very little money. And that's what most of us are here to do (or at least came here to...
 What does this mean? If you have time to post, and time to go out and thrift, surely you have time to read a few pages of a thread? It would save you money, time (that would have been wasted inspecting crap on the thrift store racks, and then returning or re-donating said crappy items) and closet space, and it would save everyone else here from having to sift through yet another newbie junk haul post. In other words, win-win-win. You don't need to read all 6,000, but read...