or Connect

Posts by DeadBoy

Uh, yeah, exactly.
Possibly nwot? Often they don't put the buttons on so your tailor can make surgeon cuffs after tailoring the sleeve to your arm length.
 Jacket looks like a good fit on you.The Dries looks terrible though. Send immediately to me.  Samuelsohn is really well constructed with often great fabrics. It's also been around for a long time and you probably shouldn't pick up anything more than a couple labels back. My main issue with the brand, though, is that for the most part the styling is conservative and better suited to older and more squat folks. I've picked up many a great Samuelsohn jacket in my size that's...
Toronto area PSA: There's a vendor at the CNE in the Direct Energy Centre selling Doc Martens for cheap. Picked up a pair of black paratroopers with blacked out bottoms for $40. They also have derbies and a bunch of other models.   You do have to pay admission to get into the CNE ($18 I think... but you can find discount codes online), but if you're going there anyway, you can get a good deal on some winter beater boots for when the sidewalks are caked in road...
 Not if you want to look awesome in the summer. Or are you one of those people who believe black turns the wearer into a walking heat sink?
 Yeah, fwiw I've never seen it in person and have only ever seen it for sale on Orimono.eu, which sells a lot of mid-tier German/Scandinavian sw&d/fashion brands. If you decide it's not for you, I'd be interested but if you like it, enjoy! My partner used roll her eyes when I started wearing more fashiony stuff. Now she just accepts it and even likes it sometimes. Just have to train them a little.
 Hey, cool find on the Odeur piece! Not sure whether you'll find it has much resale value (although if it's in good condition and 48-50 I miiiiiiiight be interested in how you say taking it off your hands) but it's definitely an uncommon and interesting find.  I thrifted a pair identical to that a while ago. Really good quality shoes, hey? Ended up fitting my brother perfectly so he was happy.
Quote: The quality on that line isn't particularly great, so if there's a flaw I would still suspect it's real. Also I'm not sure it's something that would be readily faked.
 For what it's worth, I know of very few thrift shops worth going to in Toronto that don't have parking lots. The Oakville VV turns up good stuff sometimes. And if you're going to be cruising the freeways anyway, the one in Etobicoke near 427 and Finch gets some pretty good stuff.
Looks like some great hauls will be hitting this thread pretty soon... well done guys. Me, I don't get a chance to get out there all that much anymore. Looks like the competition has heated up in this city, anyway But every now and then I find something I love. Got a chance to wear an Eton shirt I recently picked up, today. I wouldn't call this a thrift fit... more a brag about picking up something I can wear and enjoy.   [[SPOILER]]