or Connect

Posts by thams

A little clean up of my Cigar CT boots after scuffing the toe on a curb a few days ago.   I'll need to pick up some matching colored cream to really get the scratches to blend in.    
For sale is a gently used pair of Alden x Leffot Daytrippers in 8.5D from the most recent run.  These boots are built around the grant last.  I've worn them 10-15 times and have treed them after every use.  No products have been used on them at all.   I strive to accurately describe all of my items for sale.  These were sold to me as firsts, but there are two small blemishes I would like to point out.  First, there is a very small notch in the side of one of the boot...
While maybe not in the same league for denim connoisseurs, I've been enjoying the distinct patina of my Filson short cruiser jacket.  It took a long time to break in, but it's now comfortable to wear with just a tee shirt.  I know it'll last forever too.  Love the way it looks with CXL boots.
Just to confuse things a little bit more...  Leffot DID have the Day Trippers on their website at the time the boot was officially offered up for pre-order (this was about 2.5 years ago).  Once the pre-order was full Leffot took the boot off of their site.  Fast forward to a few months ago - when the boots were officially put into production Leffot posted the boots on IG.  A few people called and were able to jump on the order. No idea how Leffot will handle rare shell in...
Enjoying the last few weeks of boot weather.  DC Cigar boots today.  
Cool!  Post up some pictures and I'm sure others can give you some advice if there are specific trouble spots with the boots.  Otherwise, just give them a really good wipe to try to remove any caked on polish or wax.  Then brush like hell.  I've found that 90% of my scuffs have been corrected by doing these things.
I typically use Saphir Renovateur, but there are a number of great conditioners out there.  Less is always more when it comes to shell.  A good wipe-down with a damp cloth and some brushing is all it really needs most of the time.  Less polish lets the natural beauty of shell shine through.
I wouldn't cake more polish on top of old polish to try and lighten them (if that''s what you're suggesting).  I'd remove the old polish and then give them a good suntan for a few weeks to lighten them naturally.  I only use color wax on heavy scuffs or scrapes.  Otherwise I use a neutral conditioner and let sunlight and wear lighten them.  I would imagine that even using lighter color polish on dark shoes would still result in an overall dark appearance.  Maybe someone...
Hey all, new to this thread but not to Filson.  I just wanted to share my newest Filson acquisition - the Adjustable Hunting Coat.  I was able to pick one up at a discount.  I don't think I could've stomached paying full retail at $725.     Overall it's a fantastic coat.  It's weight reminds me of tin cloth, but it's much more supple of the rack.  It's simple, but really functional.  It reminds me of a Barbour on steroids.  Anyway, I included a (crappy) picture of the...
  Thanks gentlemen!  My Alden collection is still modest, but I'm proud of what I do own.