or Connect

Posts by Chowkin

Is it summer or winter weight?
Hi Nelson,Can't really say - I defer to the experts here. If they are your first pair, I'd say just wear them to determine how fast you wear down the soles. You probably can get them resoled at the factory for 1/3 of the price of the shoes
They called it "Polished Binder".I don't get why people are so upset with polished binder, and some even attributed it to cost cutting by Prada. Church's offered them pre the acquisition by Prada. In addition, it's not like they offer shoes only in polished binder. They actually provide a wider choice to consumers, some of whom would appreciate the easy upkeep of polished binder, as a previous post pointed out
That depends on your gait. I wear down the tips of my shoes very easily so it's a shoe saver for me. My friend doesn't bother cause he wears down the heels.1/5 of the price of the shoes is an insanely high price. I'm sure there are cobblers who could do it a lot cheaper. If you live in HK it costs you around US$30
Washington DC maybe?
Lucky you! I couldn't get the Westbourne in purple
It depends on which British makers. For EG and G&G, I find they are snugger fitting than C&J or Church's. Most people take a half size bigger in the former two brands.
Gentlemen,   Wonder if you have heard of Justin Fitzpatrick, aka the Shoe Snob?  His shoes look quite nice but we small feet guys have never been able to try them on as his regular RTWs start at UK 6.0.  Here's a chance to grab a pair of cap toe Oxfords in either black, brown or burgundy in sizes 5.0 and 5.5 thanks to Massdrop at just US$299.99 a pair:   https://www.massdrop.com/buy/jfitzpatrick-footwear-magnolia-captoe
Awesome. My friend bought the same pair. Now at the cobbler to get flush metal tor plates installed