or Connect

Posts by Shep

Really made me laugh that Bunty 
I think I`ll wind my neck in for a bit-as you were people
Nothing rose tinted here "mate",I know my skinhead history and that includes all through the late 70`s and 80`s and all the good and bad points included in those times.No-one has mentioned politics before now,we are talking about clothing style(the clue is in the name of the forum) and you said that the skinheads who were into Oi were essentialy punks,so I`ve shown some pictures to prove otherwise.Now,why have you had to drag bloody politics into it? A surefire way to...
  Another pic of The 4 Skins   This was from when this shop was decent and sold what skinheads wanted and the shelves were mixed with Oi,ska and reggae stuff aswell as all the clothes-sadly,it`s seriously crap these days       I know this is a thread for "Traditional Skinheads" and I`ve really enjoyed reading all the recollections of the original days aswell as all the great photos.I just wanted to post up some pictures to set the record...
Here are The 4 Skins-don`t look like a load of scruffy punks to me....     Some Manchester skinhead girls that were into Oi aswell as Reggae   late 70`s early 80`s skinheads-picture taken near The Last Resort shop     Southend Bank Holiday early 80`s   Very early 80`s skinheads(the one at the front is my mate Bob and is still a skinhead today)       My sentiments entirely,never mind this faction or that,it`s all bollocks,I`m...
Have a read about this fella: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoxton_Tom_McCourt   He was the bass player in one of the biggest Oi bands of the skinhead revival and a very smart Skinhead turned Suedehead he was,aswell as being very into Reggae/Ska/Soul. You clearly have tarred a hell of a lot of people with the same brush.There were/are loads of very smart skinheads in the Oi scene that are also into reggae/ska/soul.Yes there were/are some scruffy fuckers and some plebs...
I didn`t think you were having a pop at me personally Buttons,I didn`t plan to come across as having a go either(I posted that just after getting home from a 12 hour night shift,so maybe a bit rubbed off on me..).I totally agree with the comments about some only wearing gear on occasions-i.e:fancy dress.I know of a few people in the scene that really do wear totally normal gear most of the time and then dust down there best skinhead type clobber(mostly cheap,ill...
In reply to buttons last post(I`d have "quoted" it but as I`m new here,it might take a day or 2 to approve it and by  then could get missed)...   As I see it,it`s quite clear in my eyes,if you are a skinhead then you wear skinhead clothes.You could get away with letting your crop grow out a bit and dip into the suedehead image as there isn`t much between them except for a lack of DM`s and more of an emphasis on formal attire.But once you go down the route of beagle...
Regarding the stuff like multiple pocket flaps,I see it as a form of "peacocking" and there is definately an element of it in the skinhead scene.The same goes for loud check vintage button down shirts.I`ve only ever seen one skinhead suit with velvet collars-definately not a common thing as far as I`m aware.A Velvet collar on a crombie looks very smart I think.   I think there is a place for raising the bar so to speak with the quality of clothes and style.And as...
Good post Buttons.I agree with the bit about throwing any old mixture of items from different eras of the skinhead evoloution and throwing them together.I respect blokes like Noddy who are into the smoothie style and wear the items accordingly.But I don`t get some skinheads wearing items like beagle collars,fair isle crew necks and norweigens.It seems to be in some peoples eyes,anything goes.Not for me I`m afraid.Each to there own though.Personally,I`m from the 80`s era...