or Connect

Posts by AdamWill

blackhood: IIRC, the hierarchical quality suit list thread says Ermenegildo Zegna stuff is fully-canvassed and good quality (typical $2-3k Euro style stuff). It's the Z Zegna line that's half-canvassed and mediocre.   dapper: 'bespoke' is kind of a...loaded term, and there are some different opinions on exactly how a house needs to function to be considered 'bespoke' (who does the measuring, cutting and sewing, how exactly it's patterned, various details of how it's...
congratulations, your sarcasm detector is in full working order. ;)
Wait...are you telling me advertising is sometimes not an absolutely clear and unbiased representation of reality?!  
would be better in the question & answer thread or something, but fancy dinner date is easy - best quality and fit white shirt you can find, and a nice conservative silk tie - traditional color like blue or (deep!) red, on the darker/more muted side of the spectrum, either a solid, a restrained conservative pattern, or something with a bit of texture like a grenadine. The vibe you want for something like this isn't "HEY LOOK AT ME DON'T I LOOK AWESOME" but "oh, this old...
Yeah, it's an FW13. I can't recall precisely when they went on sale, but it was a while back - maybe a month or two. Dunno about other stores, but the Vancouver one usually has quite a lot of stuff on clearance. At first they had the Samuelsohn, Coppley and Hugo Boss (for some reason) stuff on a big set of clearance racks down the centre of one of the 'footpaths', but by now they're all sort of spread around the place haphazardly, the Samuelsohn I picked up was stuffed...
beneven: another thought...I'm on the lapel flower train, but I tend to think lapel flower / pocket square should be 'either/or', unless you're going to a wedding or really working a very vintage look. having both just tends to look busy and I'm not sure I've ever seen it done in such a way that it really adds anything over just having one of them.
You probably want to post in the tailors' thread:   http://www.styleforum.net/t/265924/the-tailors-thread-fit-feedback-and-alteration-suggestions   but it'd be good to get some better pics; your camera/phone camera app should have a timer function you can use. It may also depend if the jacket was made with spare fabric to allow for alterations, but I think maybe you can only check that by taking it to a real tailor. (Honestly I'm not sure why people post these threads...
Sorry, wasn't asking for myself, just making a suggestion for the group buy.
is there some kind of special not-immediately-obvious Tailor Magic involved in cutting rolls of cloth? because, you know, you'd think someone could rustle up a tape measure and a pair of scissors.
Yes. Just got a rather nice Performance for half price ($650 for a two-piece) from the Vancouver store this weekend, in fact. In for tailoring now. The Bay sells Samuelsohn mainline OTR (Harry Rosen doesn't, they have an 'exclusive' line made for them, both lines are equal in quality from what I've heard), and they do indeed do Samuelsohn MTM at their flagship stores (they also do Coppley MTM I believe). I have not done MTM with them, though, so can't tell you what the...