or Connect

Posts by llcooljayce

I do have a decent wardrobe but I want to shake it up a bit and try something fresh. I was looking at perhaps hiring a stylist for a few hours to get me started. Anyone have experience with this? I'm coming from Alberta so no sales at for me (which is why I'm coming to Seattle) Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Hey guys,    I am looking for some help.  I will be in Seattle for a short trip from Canada and I am looking to spend $1000-$1500 on a new wardrobe but I must confess that while I have a sense of style, it might be a bit on the simplistic side.  What I am looking for is some thoughts or suggestions on where to go, what to look for and if there are any stores that have personal stylists you trust.   I know that there might be a lot of 'it depends on what you want'...
Just a word of warning to those that are considering a Parnis. I purchased an automatic Parnis and though it looks great (after replacing the horrible band), it sounds horrible. The winding weight in the back is soooo loud that the thing sounds like a toy. Other than that, I can't complain too much for the $100 I spent on it.
Hey guys,    I am looking for detailed pictures of a Tom Ford Base B suit.  I will be going to Bangkok and Asia in about 5 months and I would like to be able to make a replica of the suit when I am there.     I went to Harry Rosen yesterday and tried on the Base B.  The salesman told me that TF uses a 3 layer canvas in his suits to provide additional stiffness ... any thoughts on if this can be done by a Bangkok tailor?  I was considering World Group in Bangkok...
I am looking to get a few suits made but don't have any clue about fabrics ... suit construction ... no problem ... fabric ... a little bit of a novice.     Question is where can I find good information and once I bone up on that information, what is a good online option to purchase?
Thanks for the recommendation but $2500 for one suit is out of my price range.  I will definitely keep them in mind for later on in my career though.  
Great information.  Thanks Tropicalist.     Another question ... do you recommend bringing in your own cloth or does WG carry a good variety at fair prices?  Would you expect to get away with a nice bespoke suit for say $500USD?
How quickly can the fittings be scheduled?  We have a bit of compressed schedule now and will probably be in Bangkok for 4 days or so ... we are planning on going to the Thai islands and beaches for a while and would probably come back through Bangkok if need be.  
Topicalist ... do you think World Group would have the Tom Ford Base A or B pattern on hand in store?  I am looking to get the Tom Ford James Bond suit made and although it looks like they would have it, I was hoping an insider could shed some light.
Who is TF?