or Connect

Posts by Jettison

Do not kop. Savile Row in name only.
  Nope, that's the higher quality ones. According to the website, their shirts range from £90 - £200. The 170's seem to be £160, so definitely their upper tier.
  St Michael was the branding of all Marks and Spencers clothes until 2000, so if you see that it's minimum 12 years old (usually more; think Burberrys). I have to wade through that stuff here (often in funky patterns like that though), since M&S seems to be the official clothier of the entire middle-class middle-aged UK population. Not flippable at all, here at least.   Should also say that the quality varies, but it's sometimes pretty decent. I've been reluctant to pass...
Huh, I've recently sent both a suit and tie to Italy with no problems.   Is this only for those outside of the EU? I'd imagine it would constitute a barrier to free movement of goods and thus be outlawed within the EU.
  True, if Paypal decrees your account can't be trusted. This has just happened to me.   Paypal will hold the funds for 21 days, unless feedback is received, on any ebay sales. I'm not in immediate need of the money, but for someone with cashflow issues it would be an absolute nightmare.   They don't state the exact reason why, but it's clearly because I've had a recent upswing in the amount of stuff listed, and prices too. (But we're still only talking 70 items, max...
Thanks for the advice!   I might try working out a 50/50 loss share with the buyer- he didn't track it back, and I should therefore win, but going through the claims process is just not worth it. I'll see how it plays out and report back for posterity.       Some advice/anecdotes of my own to give to hopefully help others (bearing in mind I'm very much small time):   -Shipping abroad: no problems to Russia (but over a month to arrive), Germany, Bulgaria, Czech Republic,...
Great thread idea.   I come with a question:   I sold an item for basically nothing. Buyer complains of a flaw I was not aware of. I ask for photographic evidence of said flaw, buyer says he is not able to (due to lack of IT ability; an excuse which I have reason to doubt). I nevertheless agree to refund if he returned the item. He says he has sent it back. A week has elapsed and I haven't received it, making it 90% certain that it will never arrive (assuming it...
  This label was mentioned a little while back: it's different from the more common Polo version, but certainly genuine. They're also both current (pictures from the RL webstore):       I recently found one with the right-hand logo tagged S, but it was M-L sized. The length was bizarrely around 34". 
I knew it wasn't the good stuff, but you've saved me a headache there.    I was browsing the Versace website to read up on the different lines, and found myself strangely coveting their pillow covers... Not a good sign.       Also, passed on some Raf Simons trousers last week (no way of going back), as ebay didn't really help and I had no idea if that sort of thing is faked. Hear the name a fair bit in SW&D though. For general thread posterity, worth a pick...
Little bit of bragging:       [[SPOILER]]   And authenticity check, please? Asked a while back, but during the Spoo hiatus, so no dice. I'm now thinking this may be mega-fake...hmmm.         [[SPOILER]]