or Connect

Posts by emptym

[[SPOILER]] Nice hat.  Who makes it? I have one like that from Cable Car and have been looking for stone/putty colored one for a while.  CCC used to carry them in that color, but when went back last year, they had switched manufacturers and I didn't like the new ones.  O'Connell's has white and tan, but nothing in between.  And I read on AAAC that they no longer have the lip on top, like in their pictures.  Paul Stuart had a really nice lined version a few years ago that I...
Jacket looks great.  Best I've seen on you imo.  Good job w/ the measuring and amalgamating. Imo the breast pocket placement is perfect.  Only change I'd make is to lower the gorge .5-1"
What's the appeal of taped seams?     I'm not a fan, since they add bulk that can be a nuisance, particularly when ironing -- which of course probably isn't a concern with jeans.  I can understand when it's done with reflective material for bicycling or skating.   Very nice jeans though, Thrifter.  
 Thanks, that is helpful.  It's at least a source for the source of the fabric.  I like how it looks in your pics better than those of the Armoury.Very interesting.  Maybe I'm crazy.  Or maybe it's just relative.  I was comparing it to the green Zegna, and similar fabrics with a very open, textured weave.  And in that comparison the Drapers seemed pretty flat, two-dimensional, and tightly woven.  Of course, I could just be mis-remembering, but I've looked at it on at least...
Friendly reminder to prospective buyers:     Do not agree to send payment via Paypal personal/gift (also called "friends and family").  If a seller requests this, please report the seller to us and to Paypal.
Friendly reminder to prospective buyers:     Do not agree to send payment via Paypal personal/gift (also called "friends and family").  If a seller requests this, please report the seller to us and to Paypal.
^I agree.  It's very good for Bay Area weather.  But I prefer something heavier w/ an open weave.   My favorite fabric for hot weather is this Zegna: At least, I think it's heavier than the Drapers.  The Drapers says it's 7.5 oz and 240 grams.  But 240 grams is 8.5 oz. +1 @edmorel? I like this jacket posted by parkman24, which he says is made by Ring Jacket.  Maybe he could let us know who made the fabric.: This is something I took a pic of at the NMWA trunk show: I can't...
I've been very happy w/ my pents (6).  They hang w/o creasing, allow perfect mobility, and have never had a seam, bar tack, or button come loose.
 That stuff looks great, but iirc, it seemed too densely woven for hot, humid weather.