Posts by emptym

Did you look at Speed Queen machines?  If we had a little more room, I'd get one of those.  Instead we're probably getting GE compact ones (prob made by Samsung), and yes, they're more computerized than I'd prefer.  the one thing I like that they have is a moisture sensor for the dryer.  My wife and inlaws like to run our current dryer for a hour, even though almost everything gets dry in about 20 mins.
Congrats, Ron!
I like it a lot, RL.  Not my preference, but I do like it. The countertop makes sense to me.  The only thing I'd have done differently is get retro looking appliances.  But I'm sure you looked into that too. 
We ordered a french door for the new place.  I think it'll be good.  Has an water dispenser inside, which I prefer to in the door, since we never use ours.  Have always just used tap.   Costco has a RO system for about $180.  Thought about getting it, but some say removing all minerals from water can be harmful.   Btw, here's a Halloween update on our place.  That back room that had extensive termite damage has mostly been rebuit.  It'll get a new roof next week.  The...
Hmm.  Good to know. THanks.  Maybe mine got burried.  Are you just using the regular sales@ account?
Hey guys, is bootsonline still the best source for US customers?  I want to buy a pair for my wife and I emailed them a couple weeks ago, but they haven't replied. 
Luxire, A.  Btw, let me know when you're in town.  I still need to make up for missing you last time. I need to take a picture of that jacket again.  The collar, lapels, and sleeveheads were reworked since those pics.  I still usually wear the collar and lapels up though, since I primarily use the jacket as outerwear.  I might be going to Pitti in Jan.  If so, maybe I'll wear it w/ some black jeans and boots and hang out w/ Fok and other SW guys. 
 I'd go for something softer and cuddlier than harris tweed.  A few years ago I got some old stock flannel that NYRanger was helping a tailor's daughter to sell.  I washed it to get out the dust and see if it would tighten up the fabric a bit to make it more wind resistant.  It did, but it also made the fabric more texture. So I decided to see how it'd be as a deconstructed sportcoat.  It has no padding, but it does have one layer canvas that is "floating" all the way up....
Found an old pic and thought I'd bump this old thread w/ it:
Yeah, I love those German windows too.  I have seen them in the US, but very rarely.  I'm guessing part them not being common in the US is fear that people will jump out them.