or Connect

Posts by emptym

One thing that might help is really crisp ironing.
Yes, I think that used well, a little polyester and/or nylon can really improve a fabric's performance.  I think people have a bad experience or two w/ synthetics or just think they're "low brow" or something.  Butthere are better and worse synthetics, just as there are better and worse natural fibers, fabrics, and garments. Anden's pants look like they have the problem too, although the pants look perfect otherwise.
 Very nice.  Interesting button stance. Is it a Paddock stance? I was thinking this grey chambray would be good and have requested a sample.  This is a common thing that I wrote about last week.  An easy fix, both for these pants at a local tailor and by Luxire for your next pair. Excellent.  Personally, I agree that something lighter would be best too.  The 13 oz linen pants are great, but it has an open, plain weave whereas denim is usually a twill, iirc.  I think I'd...
Looks great, B.  Fwiw, I would prefer three small stylistic changes (not sure if I've already mentioned this): 1) Lower gorge 1" 2) increase length of patch pockets so they extend from being level w/ bottom button (as they are) to about 1.5" from bottom hem (so maybe .5" longer) 3) round out that corner at the bottom of the quarters a bit.   For reference, here's the first jacket Luxire made for me, 2.5 yrs ago.  It shows the three changes.  I think after this one we...
^Yes, and many tailors won't take CMT at all because of the reason Luxire mentioned (the difficulties in getting more fabric if errors are made).  It's been discussed a lot on the forum and is common sense here, even if it isn't known to ZeBanker.   Beatlegeuse, I think some of the confusion may be from the "top" to "bottom" denotation.  I thought the top one was looking from the top of the picture, not the stack of shirts.  The mind has to think three dimensionally...
Oops, I just thumbed your post instead of replying.  Yep, it's really breatheable.  The weave is large and porous.  It as a very large comfort range, great in San Francisco in the 50s Fahrenheit and in Indonesia with temps in the 80s with 80% humidity.   Easily one of my favorite pairs of pants now.  Really thinking of getting a sport coat made.  The only criticism I might make of it is that it's fairly bulky when packing.  But I'm a seriously minimalist traveler, usually...
Just ordered the 7/8 oz ecru linen pants along with those shirts I mentioned above.  Have been really loving the 13 oz ecru linen pants.
I eat mainly for sustenance, except for chocolate.  And donuts.  Especially chocolate donuts.  And apple fritters.  Mmm.
 I posted a pic from my visit of the pale blue cotton/linen and another fabric, which I think is pure linen.  I liked the other one bec. it was yarn dyed and so had a nice blue and white heather-like look.  It's the two left ones here: I'm about to order it and a couple other fabrics in the spoilered pics above (prob the summer brown grey plaid and the Albini oxford).  I'm not sure which fabric it is on Luxire's site.  Maybe this pale blue end on end linen.  Or it might...
Thanks for a great thread.  My wife too will love you for it.  She's been wanting for us to go to Japan for years, and this got me in line.