or Connect

Posts by emptym

WorldWideWafflz is correct imo. I have a half dozen pairs from Ambrosi and they start there too. Same goes for the ones I have from Chan. I don't have a problem with my pleats opening up. But my pants are cut fairly full at the hips and I always just get single inward-facing pleats, fwiw.
Really interesting. Thanks for this.They share the commitment to do everything they can to produce the best goods possible. Myron Glaser and DW would agree on a lot of things.I laughed out loud at this. Come to think of it. I've met both of you more than once, but never at the same time. Hmm… :suspicious:Sheesh, these are gorgeous.
Amazing jacket, Ashish. You guys are already really popular around here, but with unlimited options for customization and the recent additions of Grand and Rubinelli, Brisbane Moss, Ventile, and shoes, we may soon have to rename this "Luxireforum"!
Thank you for the links. Those all seemed to be a jersey knit, which would be a tighter weave than the pique I'd prefer. But I have been looking for linen undershirts and briefs. Maybe Luxire could make those too! The eco-conscious part of me would like them unbleached and undyed..Big plus one on the mottled/speckled/heathered fabrics. Although, sometimes linen gets this way from washing, more than cotton at least. Good idea on the colors too. Although, I tend to...
Thinking of summer, would anyone else be interested in linen pique for golf/polo shirts? I have a couple and they're much better in the heat than cotton. They dry faster than cotton too, which is helpful for travel in particular. For the same reasons, I'd also like blue and gray denim made of a cotton/linen blend or cotton/hemp . Really lightweight, something around 8 oz. Anyone know of a good source for these kinds of fabric?
Well said, J. Just a quick thought on your last couple sentences, quoted above: Every year, the school I teach at has recent grads come back and give workshops on how to interview for jobs, and they end with mock interviews. Students are told to wear black suits, and they all do. I've tried twice to suggest to some of the alumni conducting the workshops that they switch to dark blue or gray, but they just look at me like I'm crazy. For most of these students, that...
^I have nothing against that. I'm not sure that anyone has argued categorically against brown or tan suits, including Foo. It's just that the conditions for which they would be appropriate are narrow. When I taught in DC, I had three tan suits, all of which I wore pretty frequently (tropical wool for summer, plain weave "year rounder," and herringbone tweed for the winter). In the context of that school it was appropriate as almost all profs wore coat and tie -- half...
Jrd, ya, it's interesting that you mention J Crew. Their catalogue is what first comes to mind when I think of khaki suit. And J Crew usually places it in the context of a summer wedding. Seems pretty popular for wedding parties (I've been to three weddings w/ them), and I know one at least was inspired by the J Crew catalogue. They ended up renting tan suits though… Fwiw, I voted for tan. There's an old, pre-Armoury pic of Yfyf at wedding in a tan suit. Looked...
If you don't mind my asking, Jrd, why do you want a brown/tan suit? Do you plan to wear the jacket and pants separately? How often do you think you'd wear it as a suit or as separates? I could be way off base here, but I'm guessing you're approaching this as a way to check off two boxes as once: Don't have a brown suit. Don't have a fresco suit. Would like both. Why not get a brown fresco suit? I make this guess because I've made decisions like that. As you may...
It/they post from multiple ips in multiple countries, but usually the Netherlands, UK, or Thailand.