or Connect

Posts by emptym

Wonderful! They look really well lasted. Could use another coat of edge dressing though, I think.
Well said, Holdfast.
The products are not essentially the same and it's not merely subjective. As you yourself said, the models are different. This means, as CW said, that the fit, material and style are different. These seem like objective differences that could be the basis for a reasonable decision. Still, you're right that whether or not these differences are important to you, may be subjective. You imply that construction differences are the only ones that matter. But I'm sure you've...
Very good news, Ron. Still loving the Rider Boot shell chukkas I got from you in Richmond back in '08 as well as the Martegani Padova's from the next year.
Wow, ya, the tan one looks right. They must have put it up since I ordered. I think this is the end on end I have: http://luxire.com/products/blue-end-on-end-linen There was only one of those when I ordered. Great fabric. The tan is quite a bit heavier than the blue one, both of which I like. I forgot to mention that I had requested a heavy-ish linen for the tan one.
http://luxire.com/products/red-black-white-madras-linenSure B.That one's the end-on-end linen. The top two are cool white and sky blue linen/cotton and the middle is a pure linen not up on the site. I just asked for a natural, off-white linen.
Several things arrived yesterday. Very happy with them, as always Minnis 500 fresco pants, reversible bucket hat in wool flannel w/ a subtle plaid and Epic by Nextec, deconstructed cotton jacket (part of a suit previously posted, now just altered a bit), cathedral pocket square. The shirts are all Luxire's own linen or linen/cotton, in two configurations: casual (unlined collars and cuffs, two pockets w/ buttons) and dress (lightly lined collars and cuffs, one pocket...
DWFII has written a good bit on toe spring here too.
^That jacket looks very good, Y. I had flapped patches on an old Brooks Bros tweed sportcoat I had for about 15 yrs. Didn't like the flaps. Imo, unless they button, they don't keep things more secure than open patches. Also, it was a little irritating trying to access the pockets. They required just a slight upward pull on the flap before reaching in, but since I was used to open patches on another jacket, I would always forget that little extra motion and it would...
I think the opposite has been going on so far. GIven the costs of shipping, Luxire may actually lose money on single shirt orders in the hopes that a customer will eventually place a bulk order.^This makes sense to me.These seem like good suggestions. Although, while options can be good, they'd complicate things on their end and might lead to mistakes. I wonder also if Luxire was able to negotiate a really low rate from FedEx that would be increased if they started...