or Connect

Posts by emptym

Seems like the reasin is that the yarns are diffferent for 8/9.  Two ply (warp or weft, but not both iirc) for 10 oz and single, high twist for 8/9.   The 10 oz sand color has some very nice heathing, imo.  I would be happy with less heatherning, but probably not no heathering.   Really I'm just looking for a wrinkle-resistant, dressy alternative to linen in a natural, oatmeal color.  Fresco would be great, but I'd be happy with tropical wool if it was the right color and...
Just heard from Minnis regarding the "sand" or "oatmeal" fresco we were hoping they could make up in 8-9 oz.  They haven't been able to find a good yarn to make up the cloth, and their attempts to piece dye it weren't very successful.   Sorry, everyone who was interested in that cloth. Maybe we could look for a lightweight tropical wool.
Adapted from a pair of shorts.  Took a pair of BB shorts and asked for side button adjusters instead of belt loops, an extended front tab, and just one rear pocket.
I have some Luxire shorts, and imo they're definitely worth the money for the fit, styling, and fabric of one's choice.  True, there's a smaller amt of fabric used, but the same amount of labor goes into making shorts as pants.
Amazing stuff.
I saw a tie once in Marshalls, or something similar.  It was made to look high quality without being high quality.  Had a fake gold chain as a tie keeper, iirc.   Edit: Just found this funny post when searching for a pic:   www.vanityfair.com/news/2012/04/gawker-fox-mole-leaked-romney-video
Looks like Dugdale.  When someone quotes a post, there should be a green arrow up top, just right of the name.  Clicking that will take you to the post.
^This.  
+1 One of my dream fabrics has long been something like Minnis 8/9oz fresco in the sand color they offer in 10 oz.  A tropical wool would be fine too.  Or, as I've recently posted in the cloth thread, I'd be open to a wool polyester blend.  I just want something for summer travel or warm bicycle commutes.
Interesting re. sunglasses.  What are you measuring the pocket in relation to when you say it's too low? And where should it be in relation to that?  I'm genuinely interested.  I haven't given much thought to how putting stuff in an external breast pocket would affec tthe jacket shape, since I pretty much only use them for pocket squares.  Sunglasses tend to fall out (which is why I have buttonholes put on my shirt pockets -- so I can stick a temple through for...