or Connect

Posts by emptym

CE, by no means did I mean my uncle was exceptional in wearing a harrington for 50+ years.  He's always dressed about standard NE as possible. I rem And afaik harringtons have been the default casual jacket in NE for 50+ years.  Well, sometime in the 80's they began to be associated w/ old men.  Go into any thrift store from DC through Maine from 1992-2012 and you'd have seen a bunch of them, generally in khaki or stone, but sometimes other colors.  My uncle's, again,...
Interesting artilce.  It claims that they spread north, but when I was in college at least, which is the tail end of the heyday mentioned in the article, only southerners seemed to wear them.   Btw, the guy whose pic I posted, I've known since 92'.  He's from NY, or went there for high school, spent about 20 yrs in DC and has lived in NYC the past several years.     Above, CM mentioned pastels, FU pants, and Harrington jackets as not being very northern, but I don't...
Perlis and Duck Head were favored by Southern friends 20-25 yrs ago.  Are they still?

Fixed
No exp w/ the men's shoes.  Imo they look too "classic with a twist" and I'd rather have plain classic.   But my wife has a couple pairs of the women's shoes (pointy leather flats and suede driving mocs).  She really likes their fit and simple styling.  The flats have pretty nice leather.  The mocs' suede seems OK, but their lining is a fairly plasticly corrected grain.
Good pt. about the Delfino hemp blend.  I saw it made up as a jacket, but I think the fabric could be used for a suit, and thus for pants.  Hmm...   It wouldn't be quite as wrinkle-resistant as I've been hoping for, but it would be better than pure linen.
No direct matches, LD.  Sorry for the delay.