or Connect

Posts by emptym

I'll be there. Don't think I can bring myself to wear coat and tie though -- I'm on sabbatical!
Sorry this has been happening guys. I wish there was more we could do on our end. All we can do is look out for him, ban him when we find him, and warn you guys. Glad you got your money back, Viral. Hope the others can too. What payment methods are easiest and toughest to get refunds?
Bad news everyone: Maltess has been back. We've banned him as soon as we've become aware of his return. Previous usernames include Ackerman, Islay, Audley, Calvay, Bech, and, most recently, Bonney. He posts from Spanish IPs. Pls report any possible scams asap.
Hey guys, It looks like he is a scammer. He's been banned repeatedly and gone by usernames including Ackerman, Islay, Audley, Calvay, Bech, and, most famously, maltess. He does post from Spanish IPs. If you can get your money back, I'd do so asap.
Great choice. I was just about to post it. Of all the new watches at any price, this is my favorite. With a new daughter, it's def. over my budget, but I love it.I like your others a lot too, particularly the mention of the Vulcain alarm. I wish Vulcain, JLC, and Tudor would all bring back their alarms in 36-38mm with really plain dials (incl. no date). An alarm is the most practical complication imo. I have an old Vulcain that I use as a backup in case of power outage.
Thanks for deleting all the spam, Clags, IS and Mr G. I must've banned 30 users and deleted 300 posts (really, threads) in the past couple days. For a while on Sat afternoon I just hung out and banned about a dozen, right after they registered and before they'd had a chance to post. (I get an immediate pm for each newly registered user.)
Two new Wus: Love them as always. Thanks C!
This could be true, but the end-on-end that I know has a grid-like appearance and chambray doesn't. Shirtmaven once posted about the difference.Part of this is the fact that your lapels are bowing a bit (more U shaped than V). If they were completely straight, I think the collar points would at least touch your lapels. I believe bowing lapels are caused by the coat's chest being tight, or not cut precisely for your posture. A snugger neck would help too. But I...
From Asia, we have Gordon Yao and Patrick Chu of WW Chan. At least Patrick used to cut. Not sure if he still does.Don't forget the tailor(s) too. If the same cutter cuts, but a different tailor tailors, the garment will likely be different. Of course, the same team could produce different garments.
^Other than a few DP's, I've never deleted an IS post.