or Connect

Posts by emptym

^Unbleached, undyed lambswool from cream to black (such as here), knit into various forms but most of all a dark brown cardigan with wide shawl collar.
Great stuff the past couple days, particularly EFV's suit. Personally, I like a little belly on the lapel. No belly is better than too much, but a little bit is best imo. Currently, straight/concave lapels are trendy. But I think in a few years people will look back on them with as much regret as people have for other, similarly overly-sharp features like the square shoulders of the 80's or the columnar three-button suits of the 90s.
If the thread is white, you might try using Ritt dye remover or bleach to turn it white. If the thread is green, or if you'd like it a darker green, you could, of course, try dying. Bleach is more predictable in my limited exp. I used it recently on a blue shirt that turned out too dark for my taste.
I commuted w/ a bicycle for years, and it's probably still my favorite means of transportation. But it's definitely dangerous in a major US city. People in cars tend to respect motorcycles much more than bicyclists (and I do mean motorcycles, not motorcyclists). Commuting by bicycle for a while a great way to prepare for a motorcycle imo.Fedora and crossed wingtips?
Does this mean we have another member?Very good.Fixed.I certainly wouldn't say it's inevitable, but it's probably good to think that way. I've been riding for 12 yrs and haven't really crashed (slid once in a turn on the way home while caught in a Boston blizzard but wasn't hurt and didn't damage the bike). If you take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation course, your chances of crashing are significantly reduced. And if you make it past a couple years riding, they lower a...
When in doubt, buy a motorcycle.You too. Then we can start a gang.JD, always insightful about motorcycles. And, I agree with this. If it has armor, I certainly wouldn't wear it casually. If it's made of really thick leather w/o armor, probably not also. Otherwise, it's certainly OK. Still, part of me has and probably always will think there's some element of appearing a poser when wearing a riding-style jacket and not riding. This actually is part of why I got a...
Nice stuff, MF. And thanks for posting that jacket, Kulata. It was amazing.I think it's a worthy project. I had a similar, $10 pair from Urban Outfitters that were some wool blend (I think w/ acrylic and cotton). But there are risks/difficulties. Washing would probably lead to shrinkage and a change in the finish of the fabric. Wool pants can be a bit difficult to iron, but you won't be ironing these, at least not like dress pants w/ creases.Just make sure to...
^I'd be interested.Rach is back! Very insightful posts, as always, particularly the suggestion to have both classics and interesting seasonal/annual offerings. Mismo does a great job at this, imo.Gotta disagree w/ you on the preference for zippers over flaps for a daily bag. For travel, I agree, since zippers keep stuff more secure. But for a daily bag that won't be turned over or on its side, I prefer flaps, since they allow for easier access and are less likely to...
Thanks for letting us know how Patrick measures lapel. I didn't know that; I've just ordered 3.5". Don't think I'd ever heard the less than halfway rule. In any case, I too would go a little wider than shown in the pic and have no worries about that being trendy in any way.
Here's a couple pics I promised, ErikJN, etc.: This is mainly for fall/winter travel and I'd usually wear the collar up, so buttons have been added or moved: