or Connect

Posts by emptym

Anytime.  I wouldn't say cotton is frowned on here for all contexts.  It wouldn't be ideal as an interview suit or other very serious or formal occasions, but it should be fine for any time you'd find seersucker appropriate.  Seersucker is usually made of cotton.  In terms of canvas weave, a few others have gotten unconstructed canvas jackets from Luxire, including a that was posted today, or yesterday.  Pure linen or linen/cotton would probably be fine for a washible...
With your height, 5 cm probably works.  I'd never thought of balancing them though.  Checked the other pairs and all the  ones w/ belt loops (3) are 42 while the three w/ no loops are 33.Hmm.  I have pretty large rear and thighs from crew and other things, but the  522s fit me really well.  I only have the gray pair though, which has 1% elastine.  I tried on a size 33 pair in the store that was a little too loose and later decided to order them in 32 and 33.  The 32 was...
^Nice!  I offered a couple years ago to buy Luxire shirts as thank-yous for one of my former profs and one of my former students.  Both were really excited about it, but neither has sent me the measurements despite my repeated reminders.
[[SPOILER]] Very nice.  The fine twill weave looks crisp and should be pretty durable.  Looking forward to when a tan or khaki becomes available.  These kind of pants are so helpful for travel or commuting in rain, snow, slush.
They range from 33 to 42 mm on mine at least.  Ones w/ belt loops tend to be on the wider side.
Don't settle for skinny lapels.  Order a deconstructed jacket from Luxire.  That'll be machine washible and have the lapel width and other details you want.  I have a couple washable cotton canvas jackets from them.  They're unlined (even the sleeves), uncanvased, unpadded, etc.  Ask for either preshrunk self-fabric or cotton shirting to be used for inside jacket front and maybe the top of the back, if you want a bit of lining but want to make sure they're washable. 
Which seam to you mean, Gus?  High rise, extended waistband tab, and strong taper is Ambrosi's usual look, no?  At leastll my pents have that -- and w/ single forward pleats, though single reverse pleat is his default.     D, I like that Lemaire stuff, particularly what looks like a long, hooded raincoat.   Fok tipped me off to jeans w/ high rise and loose upper part w/ strong taper.  Got to say I love the look and feel.  Levis 522s do it well.
I love hemp blend t-shirts.  I like bamboo too, but more for boxer briefs -- at least the ones I have from the dearly departed MichaelJKrell brand are great, the only things I've found comfortable on 24 hour flights.  I have one of his t-shirts too, but it's too silky smooth for me.  There are hemp t-shirts that are that fine too, but I like less refined, slubby kind. They're ideal for wear w/ jeans or as pajamas imo.
Pleated and full up top but aggressivley tapered seems to be in now, or maybe I'm just starting to like it.     I think designers are nostalgic for the styles of their youth, Girbaud, Z Cavaricci, MC Hammer, or maybe that's just me.
Depends on what the jacket is made of.  The main problem is that various parts will be made of different materials that are likely to shrink at different rates.   For example, the outer material may be cotton and the lining rayon (or acetate, nylon, polyester), the undercollar wool, and the inner canvasing cotton, linen, horsehair, and/or wool.