or Connect

Posts by emptym

Excellent. Thanks. Yep, same with me for the pants.  For soft knit shorts, I've always been pretty happy with the original Champion jersey ones, but these would be nicer for just relaxing.  For working out I like Nike's stretch woven shorts (Instinct, Gladiator, Power).  They feel like you have nothing on.
I do, but only when wearing a sport coat or suit.  Had a Ventile one made by Luxire recently.
As I mentioned, let's move forward.  Here's to a courteous and respectful future.
Thank you for your thoughts, JH.  I can see that you do not like being called negative, and I am glad for it.  I also appreciate your holding forth courtesy and objectivity as standards to aspire to.  If you are as courteous and objective as you ask others to be, I think you would admit it that your your "humorous recap" and other posts that simply express your "sincere opinion" were mocking and insulting.  They sought to be humorous, but it was at the expense of others....
True!  So given the three sets of options, maybe I should get nine shirts.     Ah, thanks.  By "spread" I think I mean what you mean by "semi-spread."   Actually, my spread collar would be be a bit less cutaway than yours, although, again, yours looks great.
Thanks C.  I think the real reason I've delayed is that I can't decide on details.  The main ones being spread or BD collar, partial or full length placket, and pocket or no.  Currently I lean toward spread, since I typically don't like to untuck BD shirts, full placket bassed on a pic someone posted w/ shorts and red sneakers, and a pocket sewn on the inside, since I'd use it during travel and a pocket's helpful -- the stitching shouldn't be too visible on a navy pique...
Very nice, Cruz.  Did you increase the waist measurement compared to your dress shirts?  I've been wanting to order a polo like that and was thinking a more boxy fit would work best with an untucked square hem.  Yours looks good in any case.
I read that post and understood it.  But Ambrosi says the pants were replaced and sent, as relayed by T4 and DWW.  So we have competing testimony.  Which side is telling the truth, I don't think any of us knows for sure.  We can assume, believe, speculate, but we don't know.  Which is why I think it's not a good idea to pile on either side.
I've been following all the negative stuff on SelvedgeStyle and wondering if/when H Marko was going to apologize for saying the forum was biased.   Still haven't heard from Lawless about my refund request that I called in and emailed three weeks ago.
Oh, that question.  I did answer that.  I said, "No, I only attribute to culture the things I actually attributed to culture."  And it was clear in my previous post that those things were "standard prices, standard delivery times, and 100% honesty."   If you don't consider those and what you've been doing here piling on, that's fine.  I do, as do others, which is clear from the fact that the post I deleted had been reported by others. I have no idea why people revel in...