or Connect

Posts by emptym

I have a blazer suit from 4-ply finmeresco but it's about six yrs old, and if it's been reworked, as Concordia said, my thoughts may not be too helpful. Fwiw, though I love it.  I wear it as a blazer 90% of the time, probably an average of once every other week since I got it, and it's held up well.  IIRC, I was told it was 11.5 oz back then, but I've always thought it felt heavier.  12-13 sounds right.  Another member (Pliny maybe) said his got shiny at the knees and...
I was planning on not getting a diswasher.  We never use one.  But appliance people told me that current models way more water efficent than hand-washing.
^Yep, that or a loop hung high in the cabinet, seem to be what people seem to recommend if you're going to ditch an air gap.  Supposedly most dishwashers have an internal air gap though, so a lot of people seem to think it's overkill.
Thanks S.  Do you know what caused the backsplash staining?  I think it's most common to put mable on an island to showcase it, but we figured we'd be doing most of stain-prone stuff (prep work, kids projects, occasional glasses of wine) on the island.   And thanks too, poorsod.  I like that Colorado marble.  Hadn't heard of it.  I wanted to look at Vermont marble, but neither place I went to had it.  The cararra I selected was one of the cheaper ones (26/sf retail but...
I like the triple flange ones from Etymotics.  Been using them for about 15 yrs.  I got them to fit under a motorcycle helmet and they block the noise from that, or planes or power tools, really well.  My only beef is that they aren't very durable.  I've ruined a few with a metal zipper on a jacket.  And the jacks break in your pocket.     Alan See posted some V-moda ZNs that are supposed to be pretty durable.  Anyone have any experience with those?
That's true.  :)  I should have said the crown molding is done.  They're waiting to install that last piece till the countertops are installed, since it'll have to curve around the countertop.  The molding is a recreation of the original, and it runs throughout most of the house.  The original, which I've been stripping of paint the past 6 months, was made or redwood, but this run was in poplar.  Since we had to pay a fee to have the knives configured for it, the...
Doors and trim are done.  Next week, paint and floors.  Week after, countertops, appliances, plumbing and electrical trim.      
Yeah, I think modern dishwashers have them integrated too.  I've lived in NV, DC, VA, MA and other countries, but I'd never seen an air gap (screwed into the countertop) till moving to CA.     Where they're required, people often switch them out for a soap dispenser or something else.  I had planned to switch it w/ a filtered water tap, but you guys convinced me there was no need, and the side of the sink close to the dishwasher wouldn't be ideal for the filtered water....
BMW.   Btw, wtf is with the CA requirement for an air gap? I hate those things.