or Connect

Posts by emptym

I like recommendations when they're unobtrusive. +1 on NMWA setting new standards.
I.e., the right kind of people.I think had a pair of pleated jeans around 86-90. I know I had pleated denim shorts back then. Pretty sure they were single pleat. Probably reverse. Those were my gigolo days of jr. high.Seriously though, try the 522s. They don't look weird. I think they're the perfect CM cut. Don't tell Fok though. Actually, they're cut about like Ambrosi pants now that I think about it.
Or the cuff looks loose.
PB, you might try the Levis 522. Fok tipped me off to jeans w/ a wide upper and slightly tapered legs. The Levis are a pretty cheep version and so very comfortable. They have a high rise, something like 12.5" front, 17" back, on size 33". I got the gray pair w/ 1% lycra. Wore them on 24 hr trip to Asia and have never been more comfy. Tempted to buy them in other colors, like the dark blue one w/ 30% wool, 70 cotton, but I've recently gotten a hemp pair from Luxire and...
I like that Ash grey corduroy a lot. I had a very similar pair made by Grapevines that were my favorite pants for about 15 years. I sewed holes in them a few times. Still have them at my parents' house, I think.I think I know the ones you mean. But iirc, the tab extends past the pleat and has a belt loop, no? My suggestion would be for something in the middle, with the tab extended right to the pleat, not before or past it, and w/o a belt loop. That's how I like it, at...
Forward or reverse, G? I've gotten single forward pleats on all my pents except for a corduroy pair and love 'em.
Very nice. Have you considered extending the button tab on the waist to the pleat? That's how I do it at least, but maybe I'm just OCD.I think those would be forward pleats. Or are you suggesting reverse ones?
^ Fabric Reweavers USA. I'm glad this work is still being done as I hate waste.
Very nice, Gaz. Would you mind letting us know the fabric used for the sport coat?
Yes, I think the forums have help to revive classic dress or just raise standards for quality goods. I see it daily in my students who are influenced by forums or blogs influenced by forums. Even the sometimes lamented affiliates are evidence of this revival. A few years ago basic things like white linen pocket squares or solid knit ties were rarities. Now there are multiple sources for all kinds of knit, grenadine, or raw silk ties, wool squares, selvedge jeans,...