or Connect

Posts by emptym

Sounds good. It's already a SF standard to justify a few GY shoes over several glued ones.Let's say we also bring into the discussion the environmental costs to our high quantity, low quality habits of consumption. If only we had a climatologist to weigh in on this...I would like a pair of old school (like 1920's old) sneakers with handwelting.
Would the economy grind to a halt? If people bought fewer things but better things for the same total dollar amount, we'd have more high-skilled, high-paying jobs, hopefully with greater satisfaction. Quality over quantity. The economy would look more like Germany's, which wouldn't be all bad.And it would be great if technology would lead the way in this. I mean, if all those techies in my town and the several south of us could be convinced to spend money on handwelted...
I don't know about those particular pants, but I've washed lots of things that say "dry clean only." You could try dry cleaning them, but there's a good chance the fade will remain in that spot. At that point you could try to wash them to try to make the fade uniformly. Tchoy is right that if you do wash them, use cold water and hang dry. Either way, if the irregular fading remains you could try redying them or using a dye remover to turn them a natural color. ...
Sounds good. I guess I'd say they make gear for enjoying the outdoors. I've read a few articles and part of his book, and I remember that they've turned down quite a few ways to make money that they thought weren't socially or environmentally responsible. They definitely are different from you or the Glasers. Other than scale, use of technology, and something else that I'm forgetting... I think they're very similar though. And I'd prefer to have more businesses like...
I'd go ahead and wash them and hope they fade throughout. Linen looks good faded and worn.
Glaser Designs has repeatedly been approached by very well-known and well-regarded retailers. The retailers are told that if they are to carry Glaser's bags, they'd have to sell them for the same price Glaser sells them. They could not mark them up. The Glasers and DW share much in common. I think they're both world-renowned--probably not by many, but they're might be happy to be known by those who know them.You have much more experience at this than I do, but I'm not...
^For the next one, I'd probably ask to have everything lowered a bit, maybe an inch. The sleeves could be raised a quarter inch. I'd probably ask for wider lapels too. But that's largely personal taste. If the pants are on correctly, then they're the only thing that really needs fixing imo. I can't quite tell where the buttonholes are on these pics, since they're so dark.
Picked it up on Sat and proceeded to vacuum the heck out of the house for the next few hours. It's a great little machine. Was a little concerned that I'd need a turbo or even electric brush, but I was plenty happy w/ the combo tool. It does require a bit of pushing, as you said, lefty, but it didn't bother me either. The canister is so much better than an upright, imo, for how easy it is to change attachments to do furniture, blinds, or the edges of wtw carpeting. I...
The flannel jacket will have the lightest possible handsewn canvassing. I don't think I'd go w/o a canvas and haircloth on fresco. It's way too drapey. On cotton twill, or something fairly stiff and/or thick, I think you could go unstructured. But I could be wrong.
You might be pleasantly surprised by the fit of Ron's shoes/boots.This isn't the case. But it is a common saying by people who sell and purchase GY shoes. I've heard it many times over the years and believed it myself until a local cobbler disabused me.If you go into any shoe repair place, you'll probably see many glued shoes in various states of having their soles replaced. Worst case scenerio, if they can't remove the old glued-on sole, they'll just grind the old sole...