or Connect

Posts by emptym

Ah, that's interesting.  I didn't even notice the brogueing and stitching.  I only saw that the lacing slit seemed to stop too high. Imho, if these were bespoke or mto (made for a particular individual) they should probably be remade, but since they're rtw., I think they ought to be sold as seconds at some discount. T4, did they tell you or someone else that the "flaws" were part of the charm of hand made goods?  I could agree with this but only at a significantly lower...
Gorgeous.  I love the shape of the toe and the length of the tongue in particular.  Would you be willing to share the "three things" on these shoes?  The only thing I might change is to have the soles be a bit bit more trim.  But they're beautiful as is.   Love Bengal-Stripe's shoes above too.
Diavolo, where are you?   Looks like Jrd's been here so long he's becoming a voice of reason.  I agree that chukkas are great w/ suits, but real desert boots w/ thick soles intended to protect the wearer from hot sand are a no-go. 
I emailed a few days ago to see how things were going and got a detailed response back a day or two later saying my order from early Dec. would be made w/in the month, except for one pair for which the denim had sold out.  They asked if I'd like to substitute another denim currently in stock.  I wrote back asking if they'd be reordering that denim or maybe some lightweight denim or chambray for the summer.
Never been to Mums, but I do like shabu shabu.  Love 1300 on Fillmore that someone mentioned earlier.  Excellent southern comfort food and it's a couple blocks closer to the trunk show and J's after party.  We had our wedding reception there and had their Sunday gospel brunch band play.
[[SPOILER]] These look great imo, particularly on your feet.  I'd be a little cautious about extending the toe.  It'd be an easy thing for Luxire to do -- I watched the shoemaker add pieces of leather (or cork?) to the last to widen a toe and he's a serious expert at shaping lasts.  But it might change the feel of the shoe when you walk and, personally, I'd take the current comfort over possibly improved looks. That said, there are three stylistic things you might change...
I think this all the time, most recently with a ventile m65 type jacket.  I kept thinking the Luxire one would be better in this way, and that way, etc.
Yep, that's exactly why I wanted to have a jacket like this made. Looked for one a few years ago but couldn't find one that wasn't too short -- and didn't have too high a button stance. Nice, wide lapels are also hard to find, not to mention a collar that hugs the neck, and is machine washable, which is really helpful for a jacket intended for hot-weather use. Plus, washing only makes a deconstructed cotton or line jacket gain more character. OK, there were/are lots of...
Ya, a slightly darker suede might be a little better, but more of a mid brown like tobacco imo. And a loafer ideally, to go w/ the casual, warm-weather nature of the jacket. Luxire does make a mean venetian loafer. Coincidentally, I'm wearing the same pair in the exact same location as in a pic I posted earlier, a place I only visit every couple months. They're incredibly comfortable and can only be compared to the boots DWF made for me.