or Connect

Posts by emptym

Different dyes react differently to bleach.  If those were mine, I'd wash them once or twice more, and then let them sit a week or two.  If I didn't like how they looked then, I'd try dye remover, like this.  Dye remover also does weird things.   Again, you'd need to wash the garment a couple times, and let it sit a while to see how the fabric reacts.   For example, I once used bleach on a green t-shirt made of 100% bamboo from Michael J. Krell (anyone one remember him and...
 You gotta live a little.  Crescent pockets wouldn't be ideal with a plain fabric imo, but they seem pretty subtle on patterned tweed.
The kitchen gets a lot of light as is.  The french doors would be the kind made of 10 small panes of glass, so they'll let in a lot of light.  I also want to leave the door to the right as is, but the contractor wants to replace it with a new, five panel door, like the ones upstairs, and remove the glass pane above.  That's the original door to the back yard.  THe laundry/mud room was a late, poorly-constructed addition.  The plan is to stack a washer/dryer and put in a...
Go crazy.
D, I'd go with crescent-shaped jetted pockets, especially with a tweed fabric named "moon."   Pics in this thread but sadly, no longer in this one.   If you wanted flaps w/ a bit less bulk, hacking might be nice.  Personally, I go w/ regular patches on all sport coat, since I put my hands in my pockets a fair amt and flaps are mildly irritating for that.  If one actually hunted in tweed, flaps would be helpful.
Oops, I think I may not have posted those other pics.   Here's the wall where the dishwasher, sink, stove, and fridge were, LtR.         One side wall   The other side wall.  We plan to replace the two windows with french doors leading to a deck.  The door on the right leads to the laundry/mud room.  
The first pic was of the current kitchen.  Was there something in particular you were interested in seeing?  I think I posted earlier a pic of the opposing wall, the one w/ the hookups for the sink, stove, etc.  That one is unchanged.  Still down to the studs.     The main thing being done now is shoring up the floor where the fireplace was.  Under the bricks was a quarter inch steel plate, and the joists were all cut to accomodate those.  So the contractor is...
A few updates.  First, the fireplace, gas pipes, chimney, and stove pipes have been removed.   The chimney was made of ceramic tubes, each one weighing about 45 pounds.   Upstairs closet with space freed from the removal of the stove pipe and chimney.  Drywalled on one side, but awaiting rewiring.   The bedroom wall that I scraped the wallpaper from has been patched and given a few coats of mud.  One more to go.  That's a big piece of plywood on the left, but...
Imo, light fusing can be a good thing.  I like it on shirts I'll wear with a suit or those worn w/ sport coat and tie if I'm traveling.  For an interview shirt, like you mentioned, I'd probably go with light fusing.
Beautiful stuff, Tchoy, and I appreciate the full jacket shots.  I like the wider lapels of the third jacket best.  My one complaint is that the patch pockets could be a little longer imo.