Posts by emptym

Thanks a lot, guys.  It'll be tough to move from this place, since we were able to redo a lot of things to our preferences.  The two things we'd like that this place doesn't have though, is a master bath and an internal staircase to the garage.     @brokencycle,  it's marble. @jbarwick, could you have the bathroom door swing the other way, from left to right?  That way when the door is open, you'd have easy access to the sink, which I think is used more than the...
Kitchen pics:   Door on the right is to a half bath and laundry.  The tape is up because they installed a threshold today.  Our GC bought an exterior door with all of its seals, because he thought that would shield the kitchen from smell and sounds from the bathroom.      We went with the larger pulls (@Parker cast the deciding vote), but I found a place for the two small samples I'd ordered.  We used them next to each other on the top two doors of the...
I'm a big fan of wainscoting, tile or wood.  I don't think I've posted final pics of our bathroom.  It's small, but nice imo.      We moved in a month ago, but little things are still being done.    We have some kind of burrowing animal.  Our neighbor says we should set traps.  When we started our renovation, the house across the street was about a third through a similar project (new wiring, plumbing, bath and kitchen down to the studs, etc.) and the owner of that house...
Good question.  Seems that way on the ad, but I'd check with the contact info on Gilt or Eison.
Eison Triple Threads, a SF-based MTM company, has a great deal on Gilt:   https://www.giltcity.com/san-francisco/eisontriplethreadsffeb17   I have a really comfy, well-fitting Eison jacket made from an Ariston double-faced jersey, shown below with the Eison founder at an even there.   (Sorry, shirt needs to be tucked in and low rise TS jeans should be switched w/ some Eison pants.)
I wouldn't line linen pants.  That would defeat the purpose of staying cool, imo, and require dry cleaning.  I have a couple pairs of light colored (cream/natural) linen pants from Luxire that are unlined and haven't had a problem with them being see-through or scratchy.
^A little success, but the closeness was the main reason I decided to branch out a bit.  I got ten sport coats/suits from them from, but I kept asking them to make the shoulders a bit extended, the sleeves and body wider.  The last couple things fit really well, but the first eight are slightly tight.  Patrick and Arnold really like or liked a close-fitting jacket.  Their pants are pretty much perfection, at least imo.   Since then I've tried P. Johnson, Formosa through...
Yeah, either "was" or "were" would be grammatically correct, but "was" would indicate that you think it's possible, or even probable.  I have faith, PB, that you'll find a fabric like DW's, or that you'll get one woven if you can't find one.  The question is, do you have faith in yourself?
^If it was black.  Think positive.  Yes you can.
Thanks R!  It is a very nice design.  I was thinking mainly of the asymetrical counter in particular.  Who came up with that part?