or Connect

Posts by emptym

When an email I sent LD bounced back last week, I called and spoke w/ a customer relations person who said they'd recently redone their computer systems to handle increased volume, so it makes sense that that's the source of the recent emails.  (I got one too.) She also Roman said all outstanding orders would be out in a month or so, although, that's what she said about two months ago...     I'm still hopeful, but it's getting increasingly difficult to be so.  I asked...
Take two inches off the back and it'd be perfect!  :devil:  Fwiw, I actually do prefer shirts not to cover my whole rear when untucked.  Patagonia's various sport shirts (puckerware, hemp, etc.) were what first got me thinking about square bottomed shirts worn untucked.  I'm happy either way, but I probably do prefer rounded hems.  Some shirts, like white linen, definitely look best w/ square bottoms untucked imo.  But that may be the Filipino in me, being used to Linen or...
+1 that or workout clothes.  Trees are too much to bring, unless if I was gone for a month or more.
Spread or point, unlined or lightly lined w/ light lining for the collar band, unfused.  Any button would be good imo.  MOP or maybe corazo or coconut.Fwiw, I like floppy collars, so I've never liked hidden BDs.  Not sure about the waist measurement, but you're probably right that you could just increase the back. It'd probably need to be both the waist and hip/hem that needs increasing.  But I don't know for sure.
I think square-hemmed shirts would have extra bulk, particularly at the sides and along the hem, which is usually wider than a curved hem meant to be tucked.
Oh, I almost always leave my shirts untucked when wearing jeans.  I few years ago I used to wear jeans w/ a coat and tie, but usually I just wear the w/ some kind of untucked shirt now.That shirt looks good.  I like the collar.  For that collar, I'd go w/ side pleats in the back.  Yep, the bunching is probably from being a bit tight in the waist and/or the hips.  If you have a "prominent seat" as I do, that can cause the shirt to catch in the back and produce rolls like...
I like that model a lot, but I'd like it more if it wasn't a full strap.  I probably like it more than Alden's full straps, since the rest of it's like the LHS.
Yep, both leather outsoles.  It might be that the shells used for each pair were of different thicknesses, which is common.  Or maybe the difference was due to me, my metabolism or something.
I used to like NST.  Had one made of Bison w/ Gore Tex liners and lug soles that served me well for years in Boston and Germany.  My brother in NYC wears them now on rainy days.  Have never quite come around to full strap pennies. Have you tried GlenKaren polish/cream.  I've used it on shell after Bick 4 and it seems to work pretty well.
Strangely, I wore shell in Indonesia a couple weeks ago and never felt hot.  But last week in Newark wearing a different pair, I did.  Both were BB unlined loafers.  Maybe the difference was that the ones in Indonesia were burgundy and the Newark ones were black. JK