or Connect

Posts by emptym

It's for a linen jacket? If so, self lining would be a good option, as long as the sleeves are unlined. But I'd probably go w/ Bemberg, unless you intend to wash the jacket instead of drycleaning it. Imo the only reason to use shirting as lining is for a jacket that's to be washed instead of dry cleaned. In that case, something like poplin would be the obvious choice imo.That said, It is an interesting idea to use a lining w/ an open weave, and linings can easily be...
He said you were trolling, not that you're a troll. Your desert island comment sure made it seem like it you were. Glad you've clarified though. I haven't carried a pocket knife since TSA started confiscating them. Before that I kept a Wenger pocket tool chest or Leatherman micra in my bag, and they were very useful. Wenger makes, or made (TSA's change hit them hard, so they were bought by Victorinox in '05 and discontinued in '13) a TSA compliant version I've thought...
I really like Cordo-Hyde.
Fwiw, I'd probably go for something more smooth for a lining.Perfect Fourth of July shirt and great for any time in the summer too imo.I highly recommend sneakers.I'd love a flannel in a pattern like this and with a buttondown collar.Excellent. You might never go back...
Boker from Germany, Laguiole of France, Fallkniven of Sweden, or Fox, Lionsteel and Viper from Italy would be good to look at. Maybe something from Sheffield, England. Swiss Army knives w/ custom scales provide another set of options if you want something fancy. Al Mar makes excellent knives, like this pearl Hawk, but they're Japanese/American. Lots of good American options too, like Northwoods, Canal Street, Chris Reeves, Case, Buck, Barlow, etc. And of course, there...
Fwiw, I really like the L in the circle. It'd make a great logo for jeans buttons, bag clasps, and shoe tree medallions.My plan is for the same design as the original one posted. Nice and understated overall, and I like the shawl collar and small patch pocket details.
Ah, darn. Thanks for letting me know.
Looks great. The only thing you might change is to have the shape of the front collar and lapels match that of the Attolini. Actually, a hybrid would be ideal imo w/ the notch shape of Attolini and bellied lapel of Luxire. Everything else looks perfect imo.I like the hat. A bag out of that fabric would be neat too.Lapped seams?Me too. Love that design.I have a linen/cotton blend suit dyed w/ what I'm told is natural indigo. I wear the jacket w/ stone pants but...
Ah darn, I didn't imagine there was a yoke. Still might be possible from the sides, or the middle if split, but that would definitely complicate things and might not be worth the trouble.
If it's the same fabric as in the pic, pls. mark me down for one.