or Connect

Posts by emptym

That one looks like a d-ring football belt.
Are you sure it's bamboo?  I'll bet it was pineapple or banana.  I've never seen or heard of bamboo ones.  But they could exist.  Banana's the most common, or was. Pineapple's the most formal and probably the nicest.  Definitely the most expensive.
For a beach wedding, I'd go with off-white pants in linen/cotton. Maybe gray linen. The blues seem a little risky to me, but of the two, I think the second would look best w/ that jacket. But I'd want to see them irl before deciding, so if you have enough time, I'd get swatches.
@aph999, I liked the sleeve width, but the lapels could be wider imo.
 Thanks B.  I agree, ideally.  We'll probably rinse dishes and stick them in the dishwasher pretty quickly.  The counters on both sides of the stove are 18" and the island behind will give enough space for cooking and prep, I hope.I'll think about the glass cabinets there.  Not sure what'd we'd store though that we'd want visible.  Interesting thought on the DW.  I might ask about that.  I'd probably prefer panels, but I don't care much and they are pricy.  We are having...
Yes for the jacket. The tie is from Saks ~2008.  Shirt is Luxire of Monti fabric, I believe the first custom shirt they ever made.  Bag is standard issue Irish schoolboy from 1979 (belonged to a friend who got it when he was 5).  And square is a fabric remnant with edges I sewed by hand years ago:  
I tried to find it for over a year, but Formosa had it and still does afaik. A while back, David Lane posted that he'd found it under a different label, and I did recently.
I'll vouch for any of the Draper's airy hopsacks.  Been loving this one  
Been enjoying this NMWA jacket.  Love the fabric and cut.  I think I didn't pick that knit tie for this thread, but I've been wearing it a lot.    
Just got the plans for the kitchen cabinets and would appreciate any thoughts anyone might have.  A few things are missing from the drawing.  The fridge will go on the top right.  Sink is in the cabinet between the dishwasher on top left, and the stove.  And french doors will be on the left wall.      I'm wondering if the island should be shorter.  It's 6' x 31".  Wondering if we should go down to 5' or 5'6".  The HD guy (who's been great), says the adv. of 6' is that...