or Connect

Posts by emptym

^The blues and the taupe look good to me, but the brown is lighter and more orange than irl.  In low light, it looks almost black.  Only in bright light do you get little hints of red or orange. A friend of mine would call it "charcoal brown," which is his favorite color.   Finmeresco's a great fabric imo.     @TweedyProf, Ah good find.  Thanks for the fabric/jacket info.  I haven't tried their stuff on in several years, but will when the new store opens here.   My link...
@TweedyProf I agree re. lots of colors being taupe if it's considered brown-gray, which is what I'd consider it.  And on second look at Claghorn's jacket, it is darker or more saturated than the ones I was thinking are great for summer.  I would consider the Formosa jacket I posted to be taupe.  It looks a lot like the one you just posted.  What fabric is that, if you don't mind my asking?   @Mr. Six and @FlyingMonkey, now that you say it, that picture has a bit of a...
Oh, I meant that Vox's jacket and mine were made of Minnis' then-standard brown fresco, #0518, as mentioned by @poorsod.  But I believe Vox later had the Slewfoot one made too.   Personally, I prefer cool colors in spring/summer, like taupe jackets, ice blue shirts, stone pants.  Some examples from the internet:         Actually, I prefer cool colors at all times of the year, particularly taupe.  It seems very natural to me, like undyed wool or linen....
Oops, thought I had replied to this.  Full canvas, but yep made in China.  The nice thing about it is that it's fully customizable, with an individual pattern and all construction details I could think of are available, even backward-slanting shoulder seams.
Thanks N, but really I'm lazy too, which is why I didn't remove the hardware.  Plus, the hinges were caked w/ paint.  But the real reason is probably that I don't own an orbital sander.  A dremel tool is about as fancy as I get.   Good point about the caked/encapsualted look.  I thought about doing nothing to them, but our painters have already spent several days scraping the trim, so I thought that paint-caked doors wouldn't match the trim. The head painter recommended...
Oops, I meant to give the thumbs up to DWW, not TM.  Iow it's a nice pic, but I'd prefer a different fabric.  Isolation makes a good point though -- I too wear a navy flannel blazer w/ gray flannels.    In my case and in TM's above, the pants are heathered and the jacket is flat.  Also, my pants are woolen and my jacket is worsted.  So, I guess a flat, worsted flannel worn with a heathered, woolen one wouldn't be that bad.  But again, as DWW and others have said, there are...
Been doing a bunch of work on the house.  Maybe 20 hrs pruning trees and bushes.  Then our contractor said that behind the wallpaper in our bedroom was some kind of painted paper that would have to be scraped away, down to the bare plaster.  I decided to do it myself.   Took about eight hours to take down the wallpaper and backing paper, to wet and scrape the painted paper, and then to wipe down the layer of brown stuff (glue?) that was left in almost all the areas but...
DWW, then we're probably more in agreement then not.  I actually think he looks better in the tan, but that may be because it's the original.  He had a dark brown corduroy suit, that I thought looked best.  But I can't seem to find an image of it. 
Fwiw, I'm also w/ Gus and the others on color.