or Connect

Posts by emptym

I used to hate penny loafers, but the BB unlined shell ones converted me.  Got the black ones recently and love them (except for the poor welt stitching).   I've worn them w/ gray fresco pants, gray jeans, and tan tropical wools.  They're also surprisingly good w/ blue jeans imo.  Haven't worn them yet w/ jacket and tie, but imo they'd go well w/ gray, navy, or tan suits and some sport coats like black/white herringbone tweed, in addition to the stuff you've listed.  No 8...
Generally this would be called a "deconstructed" jacket.  They're best reserved for casual wear because they do look softer and wrinkle more.  Ideally pair them with a shirt with a soft collar and jeans or chinos.  I have a few from Luxire that I like.     Usually when people talk about shirt jackets they mean something with a shirt collar.  It looks like a shirt, but is looser, has more pockets, and is made of a heavier fabric than a regular shirt.
  That's good news.  We've been hoping they'd do something like this.
Thanks A.  I usually take pics of stuff right out of the box, from the excitement.
I agre that tightness may be a factor and could be a/the cause of the pleats opening up.  But there is also obvious rumpling within and around the pleats that is caused not by tighness but poor ironing.  The inner crease lines of the pleats, for example are not crisp at all.  This is most obvious on the second pleat from the left, directly under the waistband buttons (cropped for ease of viewing).  If tightness was the only factor, those lines would be crisp:   @Anden,...
If you take a look at the pics, you'll see there's more going on there than pleats opening up.  There's all sorts of wrinkling that may or may not be caused by poor ironing.  Also, the crease softens up a lot between the upper thigh and the pleat.  All of which suggests it's a good idea to iron the pants before making any final diagnosis.  There may be more problems than just pleats opening up, calling for a more complicated solution.  Or the ironing may solve all three...
One thing that might help is really crisp ironing.
Yes, I think that used well, a little polyester and/or nylon can really improve a fabric's performance.  I think people have a bad experience or two w/ synthetics or just think they're "low brow" or something.  Butthere are better and worse synthetics, just as there are better and worse natural fibers, fabrics, and garments. Anden's pants look like they have the problem too, although the pants look perfect otherwise.
 Very nice.  Interesting button stance. Is it a Paddock stance? I was thinking this grey chambray would be good and have requested a sample.  This is a common thing that I wrote about last week.  An easy fix, both for these pants at a local tailor and by Luxire for your next pair. Excellent.  Personally, I agree that something lighter would be best too.  The 13 oz linen pants are great, but it has an open, plain weave whereas denim is usually a twill, iirc.  I think I'd...
Looks great, B.  Fwiw, I would prefer three small stylistic changes (not sure if I've already mentioned this): 1) Lower gorge 1" 2) increase length of patch pockets so they extend from being level w/ bottom button (as they are) to about 1.5" from bottom hem (so maybe .5" longer) 3) round out that corner at the bottom of the quarters a bit.   For reference, here's the first jacket Luxire made for me, 2.5 yrs ago.  It shows the three changes.  I think after this one we...