or Connect

Posts by emptym

Damn, the past several posts have been SF at its best.
Sure, here's a shot of the two together: The image is a little blurry here for some reason.  It's crisper on my laptop.  But the color is pretty accurate.   Looking at pics, even this one, I probably wouldn't have gotten it.  But it looks great irl and surprisingly good on me.    I posted a pic of a swatch back when I visited Luxire.  Here it is:  
Of all my Luxire shirts, this may be my favorite and most versatile: http://luxire.com/products/country_checks_grey_graph   Generally my preferred shirts have similar checks in blue and light blue rather than gray and black and the scale is just slightly smaller than these checks. But this works surprisingly well w/ jeans, khakis, etc. It's fairly lightweight and wrinkle-resistant.  If Luxire could find a heavier version, I'd get it in a second.  Would be perfect for...
Alright guys, lets leave the political posts for the CE subforum.  A couple previous posts have been deleted and future ones will be deleted with repeat offenders timed out.
 Yep, I wrote a bit, fairly recently:  Again for @bourbonbasted's purposes, (good, all-round blazer) either fabric would be good imo (fwiw.  Many others would know better than I.)  BB, if you already have one in 8 oz fresco, I'd go for the finmeresco in navy and someday get a 10 Fresco in the SF standard 0520.  I have three blue sport coats, 10 fresco in 0520 for warmer days, 11.5 oz navy finmeresco for virtually year-round, and navy flannel for winter.  That's as good a...
Btw, the main thing I liked about Bourdain's thoughts, which I mentioned when posting the link, was his distaste for both Trump and Maher.  Maybe that's more common than it seems, but the more common it is, the better.  It reminded me of a quote by that favorite Canadian:
@cross: to the degree that our system is not perfect, it is not just.  But this is not to say it is completely bad.  I think you've named some good injustices.  And I agree that voting for Trump is not likely to make the system more just.   I'm not sure how I'd make the system more just.  My undergrad degree was in politics, but I found the best answers to political problems in theology courses, so I've spent the last 20 years on that.     Basically what I learned as...
@Pio:  Sounds good. I figured you used that phrase mainly for rhetorical effect.     There used to be a SF member with the username "Girardian," named after the French Stanford prof Rene Girard (Peter Thiel's teacher and perhaps greatest intellectual influence).     Girard started out a secular atheist historian - friend of Derrida and Foucault. Then, out of an interest in the foundations of society, he moved into literary criticism with a focus on various cultures'...
Thanks a bunch.  I'd guess about half was shipping and half the resole.  Defitinitely worth it imo.  When it comes to good leather products old>new imo.  Plus, the environmental benefits, etc.