or Connect

Posts by emptym

No, the doors and frames do not have chicken pox, that's Bondo on primer.  The painter uses Bondo, an auto body filler, to fill scrapes and other indentations.  The door hinges are painted.  They're the original hinges.  Brass, super heavy, and gorgeous.  The current doorknobs are cheap replacements that don't match.  My wife wants silver colored knobs, so I thought painting the hinges would be best.  The other option is to remove the old hinges and replace with cheaper...
Thanks Medwed.  That was taken last Thurs.  On Friday they were got a really light coat of primer, and another today.
Some good news and bad news.   Good is that the paint's been stripped from the upstairs doors and doorframes.  That's over a hundred year old wood, I believe redwood.  And the bathroom's been primed and will be tiled soon.   Cabinets have been ordered and the soffit in the kitchen's been framed:   But the bad news is that the small outdoor storage room, which had the rotting door frame was pretty much rotten throughout, with live termites in one...
I don't think mine have been scratchy.  Maybe a bit.  Their making is really labor intensive.   Here's a video of the threads being made and woven:  And another with some closeups of the tremendously difficult embroidery:
That one looks like a d-ring football belt.
Are you sure it's bamboo?  I'll bet it was pineapple or banana.  I've never seen or heard of bamboo ones.  But they could exist.  Banana's the most common, or was. Pineapple's the most formal and probably the nicest.  Definitely the most expensive.
For a beach wedding, I'd go with off-white pants in linen/cotton. Maybe gray linen. The blues seem a little risky to me, but of the two, I think the second would look best w/ that jacket. But I'd want to see them irl before deciding, so if you have enough time, I'd get swatches.
@aph999, I liked the sleeve width, but the lapels could be wider imo.
 Thanks B.  I agree, ideally.  We'll probably rinse dishes and stick them in the dishwasher pretty quickly.  The counters on both sides of the stove are 18" and the island behind will give enough space for cooking and prep, I hope.I'll think about the glass cabinets there.  Not sure what'd we'd store though that we'd want visible.  Interesting thought on the DW.  I might ask about that.  I'd probably prefer panels, but I don't care much and they are pricy.  We are having...
Yes for the jacket. The tie is from Saks ~2008.  Shirt is Luxire of Monti fabric, I believe the first custom shirt they ever made.  Bag is standard issue Irish schoolboy from 1979 (belonged to a friend who got it when he was 5).  And square is a fabric remnant with edges I sewed by hand years ago: