or Connect

Posts by emptym

Yeah, for summer use it's ideal.  I was just googling Haspel machine wash seersucker and this old NYT article came up about machine washable suits in general.  Another, better article from the Wash Post back in 1979, an excerpt: 
I get solid navy seersucker, but why in wool?  Imo the ideal seersucker would be machine washable cotton or cotton/poly, like Haspel used to make.   Beautiful jacket.  BnTailor?
I've wiped the insides with rubbing alcohol.
[[SPOILER]] Nice hat.  Who makes it? I have one like that from Cable Car and have been looking for stone/putty colored one for a while.  CCC used to carry them in that color, but when went back last year, they had switched manufacturers and I didn't like the new ones.  O'Connell's has white and tan, but nothing in between.  And I read on AAAC that they no longer have the lip on top, like in their pictures.  Paul Stuart had a really nice lined version a few years ago that I...
Jacket looks great.  Best I've seen on you imo.  Good job w/ the measuring and amalgamating. Imo the breast pocket placement is perfect.  Only change I'd make is to lower the gorge .5-1"
What's the appeal of taped seams?     I'm not a fan, since they add bulk that can be a nuisance, particularly when ironing -- which of course probably isn't a concern with jeans.  I can understand when it's done with reflective material for bicycling or skating.   Very nice jeans though, Thrifter.  
 Thanks, that is helpful.  It's at least a source for the source of the fabric.  I like how it looks in your pics better than those of the Armoury.Very interesting.  Maybe I'm crazy.  Or maybe it's just relative.  I was comparing it to the green Zegna, and similar fabrics with a very open, textured weave.  And in that comparison the Drapers seemed pretty flat, two-dimensional, and tightly woven.  Of course, I could just be mis-remembering, but I've looked at it on at least...
Friendly reminder to prospective buyers:     Do not agree to send payment via Paypal personal/gift (also called "friends and family").  If a seller requests this, please report the seller to us and to Paypal.
Friendly reminder to prospective buyers:     Do not agree to send payment via Paypal personal/gift (also called "friends and family").  If a seller requests this, please report the seller to us and to Paypal.