or Connect

Posts by emptym

Santa brought a very nice Scott and Charters sweater this year: It's this stag brown one: Thought I'd post this pic in case it'd be helpful to anyone considering it. Great sweater, but IRL it has more of a reddish, rusty tone than on the website, at least on my monitor. The only other pic I could find was this one posted by c-4est, which looks closer to rl than the site's pic but is lighter than rl:
Thanks! You too, M!
Beautiful!
+1 But it was kind of him to offer.Well, cheer up, B. Christmas is coming soon. Maybe if you're good, and you ask Santa nicely, he'll take care of your problem.
I'd be interested in something like the first fabric from Outlier, a majority cotton, cotton/nylon blend, preferably in khaki. For travel or bicycle commuting I've long enjoyed either military surplus khakis in a similar poly/cotton blend or nylon pants from Patagonia, Nau, or Pro Cam-Fis (a HK brand). Rohan in the UK also makes similar stuff.
Yes, this seemed like the point DW was making.Thanks btw, Bengalstripe and DW for your very helpful thoughts on the need for different lasts for different types of shoes.
Nice shirts MrChris and I like the ironing board fabric a lot. L to r, a blue lightweight, crinkly cotton from a local fabric store; heavy white hemp from Hemptraders; and red seersucker gingham by Zegna for Tom Ford through Edmorel. All collars and cuffs are unlined, which I've grown to prefer for casual shirts. The shorts are a 12 oz or so linen I got from Manila's big the fabric district, Kamuning.
Surprised people haven't jumped on the Ventile offer. Why you guys no love Ventile? As you've probably seen, I'm kind of a fabric nut , going to great lengths to get great stuff. Ventile is widely thought to be the most waterproof and durable, natural fibered fabric. Extra-long staple cotton, very tightly woven. I'm planning to get something like this jacket (original Polo Monza) made in the "black navy" fabric (warning, very old pic from my first yr on SF): It'll...
^Love the olive cords. Thanks B about the shirts. I love all four. The fabrics are all really special.
Phew! Finished reviewing a 700 page manuscript. Back to serious business -- the gifts of Bangalore. Here's a shot of the three shirts and shorts made for me while I was there. Too rainy to wear the past week, but it should be warm enough any day now: The shirts, l to r, are blue lightweight, crinkly cotton from a local fabric store; heavy white hemp from Hemptraders; and red seersucker gingham by Zegna for Tom Ford through Edmorel. The shorts are a 12 oz or so...