or Connect

Posts by emptym

Thanks.  I should have taken a pic before they were bunched up inside a laundry bag overnight.  The more pronounced creases toward the bottom of the legs are from that.  The 30 hrs of wear mainly just rumpled the front hips/crotch and the back and sides of the knees. None of them worn, but they fit pretty much like other pants I have from Luxire, which I've posted ittt, as they were based on my usual pattern w/ some small tweaks (slimmer legs and no pleats).  Probably best...
Here are the 13 oz ecru pants after being worn for 30 hours straight (22 sitting on a plane) and then crumpled into a bag overnight.  They performed really well imo, rumpling softly more than wrinkling sharply, as heavy linen is known to do:     Excellent travel pants imo, particuarly with the high rise, relatively wide upper legs, and heavy linen with this particular weave that has a good amount of give to it.
^Would widening the lapels allow for easy fastening w/o lowering the notch?   Either of the two fabrics sound good to me.  What material is the one you have made of?  I'm very pleased w/ how the hot-washed flannel worked out.  Softer and more "lofty" than true boiled wool, but still pretty wind resistant.  Looks almost like a fine boucle.  Here's a closeup I took of the buttonholes for the Luxire thread (the maker).  It shows the fabric well:     The jacket was also...
I'd probably get belt loops w/ chinos.  Generally I prefer side adjusters though, not for appearance's sake but since they get rid of one step while dressing and one thing to bring while traveling.  Plus, it's a little cooler in hot weather to not have a belt wrapped around your wast.
I look at it occasionally.  Just deleted like 1000 spam posts, all created in the past two hours or so.  Nuts.
Yep, we definitely welcome custom makers to post pics and discussion of their products and processes.  Marcel Hun, Janne Melkersonne, J.P. Myhre, D.W. Frommer II, and others have done this and been well received.  Only direct solitiation isn't allowed (posting prices, trunk shows, websites, email addresses, etc.).
I had this jacket made last year in large part because of yours.  (You may recognize the scarf too.)  Have had the shoulders softened since that pic by having the wadding removed and the sleeve head and shoulder end recut a bit.  It's uncanvased and unpadded, lined in silk, with four regular front buttons plus a small one one at the top of the lapel so it can be buttoned all the way up.  I'd bought a couple lengths of gray flannel from ATailorsDaughter intending to have...
Oops, sorry I forgot to respond to this.  These must be the "hopsack" ones.  I didn't realize there were three ecru linen pant options.  I thought they were heavier than the ones I had ordered, but I like them a lot.  I'll probably get the "natural" ones too someday.
Apparently that pair was intentionally made with an extra-wide welt.
Thanks Mike.  Interesting that extra wide can be specified and that it would be considered formal.  To me it looks much less refined and thus less formal.  I was at the SF Alden store a week or so ago and most shoes had welts about that wide.  It's kept me from purchasing Aldens in the past several years. Yep, that's the unlined version.