or Connect

Posts by emptym

+1 One of my dream fabrics has long been something like Minnis 8/9oz fresco in the sand color they offer in 10 oz.  A tropical wool would be fine too.  Or, as I've recently posted in the cloth thread, I'd be open to a wool polyester blend.  I just want something for summer travel or warm bicycle commutes.
Interesting re. sunglasses.  What are you measuring the pocket in relation to when you say it's too low? And where should it be in relation to that?  I'm genuinely interested.  I haven't given much thought to how putting stuff in an external breast pocket would affec tthe jacket shape, since I pretty much only use them for pocket squares.  Sunglasses tend to fall out (which is why I have buttonholes put on my shirt pockets -- so I can stick a temple through for...
Styleforum is everywhere.
Beautiful jacket, Andy.  If it were mine, I'd make it 3r2.  Maybe even four, with the ability to flip the collar up and button up to the neck.  Very helpful in SF w/ gusts from the ocean.
The Unshoes Wakova Feathers I posted last year (just transfered the post to this thread) have gotten a lot of wear.  So I may get their Keota model this year.  Love how they're made in the US, customizable, and about $50.  
Polyester-4-Life    No, I generally share DWW's aversion to polyester in tailored clothes.     But there important exceptions imo: hot, humid weather or other harsh conditions, like year-round bicycle commutes or so-called adventure travel. And then I only like blends, not full on polyester.  Although, Uniqlo has some golf pants that felt pretty wool-like...  Their low rise prevented me from trying them on though.   I should also mention that Old Navy (of the Gap)...
Pure polyester or a blend in a bad weave would be.  But if you ever tried Patagonia's Puckerware or something similar, I think you'd be a convert.  In hot, humid weather, a little bit of poly makes a garment dry quicker and thus feel less clammy, retain it's shape better, not stick to your body as much, and probably more.  I just know I've been happier in the Philippines, Indonesia, New Orleans, Miami, etc, when wearing poly/cotton blends than pure cotton.
I think faded navy seersucker would be better than faded navy cotton twill.  I have a navy suit that's cotton/linen, and acc. to the Jacknife guys, it was dyed w/ natural indigo.  It's faded a lot, but aged well imo.  I should take a pic of that.  Maybe tomorrow.  Looks like faded denim or chambray, which of course starts out navy, and yet looks good faded.  I don't think I'd want navy seersucker to fade that much, but I also wouldn't want it dyed w/ natural indigo.   As...
I think polyester resists fading better than cotton.  Am I wrong?  I had some old poly/blend shirts from places like Gant, Hathaway, etc. that lasted a long time and didn't fade much.  I have 20-something yr old 100% poly workout clothes that have been washed a lot and faded little.  I probably have more experience w/ polyester than others here . Deconstructed is the way to go imo for coolness, but if someone wanted something w/ more structure, I'd imagine you could...