or Connect

Posts by emptym

My wife wears Japanese bathrobes called yukata around the house. She gets them from a stone on the bridge in Japantown, and iirc they once had one for men w/ a pattern like Baron's.
Great choice! That should go well w/ stone/cream/oatmeal pants, jeans, or gray fresco.I'll probably go with this Drab Dugdale corduroy next. That or some Japanese-made, slubby, oatmeal cotton/linen I've been saving for a full suit.Very nice slanted cuffs!I've posted a bunch of pictures over the past couple years. The heavy linen one I posted recently was the fourth jacket. It had the benefit of fittings from my visit, but the first three (two cotton twills and one...
Thanks about the jacket, G and the squares, gyasih and Tweedyprof. Baron, I saw that in high school w/ a friend. He fast forwarded to all the parts of most interest to boys that age, was still kind of disappointing. But maybe we were just spoiled. His dad had quite the collection.
Very good. I ordered directly from the UK and it arrived from there in 2 days, iirc.
Thanks EP. Here's one
Got a new linen jacket from Luxire worn with its linen (and suede) friends: Love this thing. It's made of a heavy upholstery linen. Not sure the exact weight, but it must be at least 20 oz. It's noticeably heavier than my tweed jackets even though it's minimally constructed (no sleeve lining, for example). Super comfortable though, like a sweater.
The linen jacket Luxire posted earlier, w/ its linen friends: Love this thing. This was the heavy upholstery linen I posted about long ago. I'm not sure what the fabric weight is, but it must be at least 20 oz. It's noticeably heavier than my tweed jackets even though it's minimally constructed (no sleeve lining, for example). Super comfortable though, like a sweater. Once it's on, I don't notice the weight at all.
What color were you wearing? It is a gorgeous jacket. Wish I still lived somewhere cold. It's been shorts weather in SF.But I should be able to wear these just about year round:Got the gray scarf last year and have really enjoyed it. The natural is a good color too. Thanks to you and Kyle for answering my qs about it.Btw Greg, I meant to respond to this earlier, but if it's not too late for next season's suggestions, I think it'd be cool if you carried some French...
12 yr old Fryes, used often and never treed:
Hope people won't mind if I slip in an old-fashioned pair in the midst of these futuristic ones. They're based on a vintage pair and made of unlined olive leather on a custom last by Luxire. More pics of their making and the vintage pair here.