or Connect

Posts by Aerostat

I just mixed up this variant on the sidecar:   Modified Sidecar 1.5 oz Metaxa brandy .75 oz Cointreau .75 oz Lime juice .75 oz Lavender simple syrup  .75 oz Domaine De Canton   I made the simple in a 1:1 ratio. 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water, and 1 tbps dried lavender.    I got the idea from a bar in Seattle however they use lemon juice instead of lime which is good too. My wife had this there and she was crazy about it.    
A riff on the Manhattan - I believe its called "the Staff Manhattan": 2oz Rye, 1oz Sweet Vermouth, 1/2oz Cointreau, aromatic bitters, luxardo cherry garnish.   I swear I saw this on the forum somewhere but I can't remember where. Anyhow, its quite nice and I think I actually prefer them this way (which is kinda nuts since I love the traditional Manhattan so much).   
I'm in at that price as well.
Also, I just came across this shoe: https://www.meermin.es/articulo.php?idArt=4335 Its a dark brown museum calf double monk that is hand welted. I do not know much abour meermin but they appear to be fairly similar to the shoe we are all after.
If Skoak won't do it for the old price I may have a lead on someone who will. I don't want to out the vendor so I'll PM @LTDL with the info.
 I was not saying AE is a better value. To paraphrase, my question was who else has quality shoes for around $350 and don't say AE? Instead of getting many answers to the question everyone wants to talk about how AE is not as good as Carmina... it's ridiculous. So I need to thank @Bakes11771 and @Shawl Lapel for not missing the point and giving actual answers.
Yeah I was mixing Euros and Dollars there. However was the 355 EU price pre VAT or post VAT? If it was post VAT that means they have really gone up in price.   Regarding comparing AE's to Carmina. I'm sure that Carmina makes a better shoe but I have a hard time swallowing an arbitrary price hike. I don't mind paying more for a value add but this feels like a price grab.   Here is a screen shot of the pricing from a month ago courtesy of the way back machine.
If the final price comes in at $400 then I will pull the trigger but $500 pushes me over the edge. I did go back and find the pricing from last month btw. Here is a screen shot from their website if you are interested. @LTDL you are correct that the monk strap shoes were not $350 US but rather ~$400 however as you can see many of their shoes were ~$365 (318 EU) and are now going for $100 more. Seems unfortunate that we are now being asked to fork out the extra money for...
That shoe was $350 just over a week ago and now its $502! I can't believe they hiked the prices so much. I had plans to buy several different pairs from them but now I don't think I will buy any. Besides AE who is the go to shoe maker in the $350 range now?
Hey guys, I'm still in if the pricing is the same. I just checked Carmina's website and all the shoes I had been watching appear to have jumped up nearly $100.00 US from a week ago ($350 up to $450).     I am also fine with a cap toe, brown museum calf, silver buckles, and a leather sole. My only real concern at this point is getting the sizing right. It looks like the Inca last only comes in EE so that could be an issue as I wear a 11-US D-width and have never worn a...