or Connect

Posts by friendlyneibr

Looking to trade a Gant Rugger Herringbone tweed jacket size 50 (EU size, guessing it would be 40 in the US) for the same jacket in size 52 (42 US). Worn on a handful occasions, condition as new.   I'm normally a size 50, but these run very tight & short. I realize chances are slim to find someone who made the opposite mistake (of buying one too large), but I thought I'd give it a shot.   Photo from Mr. Porter.
I have the 3-piece suit: found it about a year ago (at which point it was already sold out everywhere) by getting in touch with Gant customer service where I live (Sweden), and the guy there actually contacted a bunch of their stores, had the ones who had pieces of the suit left mail them to the store in my city, and then I got it for half off. Pretty damn fine service! :-)   Bad news is that I got the wrong size jacket, or rather, the sizes run so damn small/tight so I...
Found this brand, Santalum, while searching for shoemaking videos on Youtube. The video that they put up from the manufacturing process is beautiful - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXOBKMXm2wY.   Seems to be an indonesian outfit, and they don't have a website, only pages on Facebook & Google Plus. Most of the comments are in tagalog (?), so it's hard to tell what people are saying about them, but they seem to be shipping worldwide when contacted directly. Some of...
Hello. Swede here, 32, working in IT. Have had a latent interest in style/clothing/shoes/fashion for many years. The last few years I've been getting a new perspective on the whole thing, and nowadays the whole tension field between classic men's style, contemporary streetwear, punk/rock n' roll aesthetics etc fascinates me to no end.   I'm especially drawn to sustainable clothing/footwear, in the sense "made to last as long as possible, and look good despite the...